Weird screams at night

So last night at 11:50 PM, my sister woke me up telling me that she heard “a chorus of screams.” I told her it was probably a fisher and to go to bed. I played a fisher scream and barred owl shriek to her, and she said none of them matched. She described it as short spurts of screams every 5 seconds, and the scream was about half to three quarters of a second long. They started at a low pitch and worked they’re way up to a high pitch. Any input would be great.

Titan_Bow

WKR
Bobcat maybe? I remember when I was a kid, going camping with my big brother. We were camping a long long way from anything, and in the middle of the night we were startled awake by what sounded like a woman screaming for her life! At the time neither of us knew what it was, scared the sh&$t out of us as we were both kids at the time. Found out later it was a bobcat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobcat will have some intense screams, but longer than a second.

This time of year I'd guess fox, not mating, just figuring stuff out.

Feral cats are a possibility too. They made an aweful racket in my haybarns a few times.

OP
Vermont Hunter 34
2 meth heads mating?

Joy Behar and Hillary Clinton mating....

Red fox. They will scream loud, fast and short successions, sometimes more than ten in a row. Usually its about 5-7 and as you described.
😂 to the mating jokes

turns out it was just coyotes making the excited killing deer noise. (Stupid coyotes). Anyway, just setting by the fire they let loose in the powerline 60 yds above the house yipping and yapping to their hearts content. She said that was the noise. I assume the low to high was the low howl transitioning to the higher pitched yipping. No idea where the every 5 seconds time frame came from, but it was 11:50 at night. I gotta get up there with the old 22 and kill some yotes, they’ve been going there a lot lately. Maybe I’ll just hunker down in and wait, might not risk screwing it up with some dumb calling mistake. We’ll see I guess.