Weird screams at night

AZmark

WKR
Judging by your handle I’d guess you’re in Vermont? So I’m not sure. If you were in a Arizona mining town where I grew up I wouldn’t go looking.
It’s probably La Llorona. and you wouldn’t be coming back.

Vandy321

WKR
Judging by your handle I’d guess you’re in Vermont? So I’m not sure. If you were in a Arizona mining town where I grew up I wouldn’t go looking.
Lots of water in eastern AZ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210624-122613_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210624-122613_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

AZmark

WKR
Nope. It’s dry as hell. 4 fires burning 10 miles SW of our homestead. 4 homes to look after, my parents house and 2 brothers. We survived the Wallow fire in 2011 so a little more prepared now.

Vandy321

WKR
Nope. It’s dry as hell. 4 fires burning 10 mikes SW of our homestead. 4 homes to look after, my parents house and 2 brothers. We survived the Wallow fire in 2011 so a little more prepared now.
I was just poking fun at the reference to LA Llorona in a place with little water.

Be safe up there , best wishes for the families homes!

OP
Vermont Hunter 34
Which state?
You got it... VT
Fine coyote hunting
Not so fine deer hunting, so you can see why I was happy to shoot the deer in my profile pic

OP
Vermont Hunter 34
ANY northeastern public land buck is a big woods trophy, Northern PA here, I understand the big woods hunting
Yup, I’d be happy any day to shoot any deer at all. I’m lucky to shoot one a year. Last year was especially bad for whatever reason. I didnt see a buck except for the one my dad ended up shooting. I did shoot a pretty big for, though. 150 pounder. Pretty good for acorn fed, not corn.

Gseith

Lil-Rokslider
I had the same scenario a couple years ago. Wife kept saying something is screaming in our woods. I told her it was probably an owl.
It actually was peacocks. Our neighbor got some and they apparently were roosting in the trees right outside our house at night.

OP
Vermont Hunter 34
I had the same scenario a couple years ago. Wife kept saying something is screaming in our woods. I told her it was probably an owl.
It actually was peacocks. Our neighbor got some and they apparently were roosting in the trees right outside our house at night.
😂 thats pretty funny

Peacocks make some crazy noises. During spring they’ll go all night. We have a couple on the farm. They make turkeys gobble!!

FatCampzWife

Lil-Rokslider
Red fox. They will scream loud, fast and short successions, sometimes more than ten in a row. Usually its about 5-7 and as you described.
True that. Heard one at night while alone in the country with the kids, sounded like a woman being murdered. Scared the bejeesus outta me.