Welcome Arrowhead Muzzleloaders

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Arrowhead-Muzzleloader jpeg crop.jpg

Our Rokstaffer @Travis Bertrand has been telling me about this company since last fall. They build a sweet muzzleloader system that takes accuracy to a whole new level.

We caught up with Luke Horak-owner of Arrowhead Muzzleloaders--at the Western Hunting & Conservation Expo and got a tour of his guns (video here). They're like nothing I've ever seen. It's a complete system including custom bullets and accessories (and they even build some top-notch centerfire rifles.) You'll see Luke on the forums as "Arrowhead Rifles"

We worked out a sponsorship deal that includes testing a few of his rifles. Travis Bertrand and @dirtytough both are buying some guns (at a writer's discount) and will be testing and depending on the draws, will be hunting with Arrowhead muzzleloaders this fall.

There will be a few states where these guns won't be legal in a muzzleloader-only hunt, but Luke can work with you to make sure you know where you can hunt with the gun. Off the top of my head, NV, UT, NM, AZ, CO will allow the gun, although you couldn't run a scope in a few of those.

So if you're looking to take your muzzleloader game to a new orbit, give Arrowhead a look. Here is a video that gives an overview of this system.

Be sure and subscribe to this thread at the "Watch" button, upper right so you don't miss the review threads. We'll link any reviews to this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
Luke is second to none when it comes to building LR muzzleloaders, especially in a hunting application. Not to mention he’s an innovator to help evolve the sport! Welcome Luke!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm watching this thread. Some pretty good opportunity for drawing a muzzleloader tag in Utah yet and one of these rifles would boost the confidence level.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Mtnman84

Lil-Rokslider
Ordered parts and Bullets from Luke. Solid guy very knowledgeable, willing to help out, he will be supplying me with all my muzzleloader parts and accessories!

Mtnman84

Lil-Rokslider
Ordered parts and Bullets from Luke. Solid guy very knowledgeable, willing to help out, he will be supplying me with all my muzzleloader parts and accessories!

LWH723

FNG
Appreciate the offer, but I'm planning on drawing THOSE tags! So don't make any plans. 🤣
I would like to offer my free testing services on a NM Muzzy Elk or Mule Deer tag I plan
on drawing this fall. Just as a welcoming gesture...…... Welcome.

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
Flak - if you draw a premium tag, I’ll loan you mine.....500 yard shots are a chip shot. And you may get a free pack out....lol.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Arrowhead Rifles muzzleloader review thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What suggestions do you all have for open sights on the Remington 700 Ultimate with factory barrel?

I have a brand new muzzy and I ordered all associated hardware from Luke at Arrowhead. Planning for Colorado for the fall.

What do you all recommend for a peep and front globe for this rifle? I would love to have a setup similar to the Williams sight that fits the CVAs with the picatinny rear rail so I can mount a scope without having to remove the peep.

LWH723

FNG
What suggestions do you all have for open sights on the Remington 700 Ultimate with factory barrel?

I have a brand new muzzy and I ordered all associated hardware from Luke at Arrowhead. Planning for Colorado for the fall.

What do you all recommend for a peep and front globe for this rifle? I would love to have a setup similar to the Williams sight that fits the CVAs with the picatinny rear rail so I can mount a scope without having to remove the peep.
XS makes a peep that fits a pic rail. It does raise your height a lot though, so you need to find a ramp/sight combo that gets the right elevation. Sorry, I don't know what that combo is for the UML.

On my custom builds for guys that want a fixed sight option, I do a dovetail cut in barrel and use a lee shaver 17A front sight. For Travis' build, he's using the XS rear sight and we had to get a riser block for the front sight to get enough height as sight line is approximately 1.5" above bore centerline.

Hopefully that all makes sense. These stupid fixed sights are actually a lot more complicated than mounting a scope lol.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
XS makes a peep that fits a pic rail. It does raise your height a lot though, so you need to find a ramp/sight combo that gets the right elevation. Sorry, I don't know what that combo is for the UML.

On my custom builds for guys that want a fixed sight option, I do a dovetail cut in barrel and use a lee shaver 17A front sight. For Travis' build, he's using the XS rear sight and we had to get a riser block for the front sight to get enough height as sight line is approximately 1.5" above bore centerline.

Hopefully that all makes sense. These stupid fixed sights are actually a lot more complicated than mounting a scope lol.
I've found the CS guys at XS sight (probably way too modern of a term as it seems I'm just talking to guys in the shop when I call) are top notch in helping you figure out sight height ratios of front to back. Just give yourself a few weeks lead time so they can get you lined out with parts. In short, they cut the learning curve drastically and really know what they're doing.

SIontheHunt

Lil-Rokslider
i could see a game warden wanting to talk to me if I had one of those. looks awesome