Welcome Canyon Coolers

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
1553876865454.png
Our own Travis "the Cooler man" Bertrand has been reviewing coolers for us for years. Canyon Coolers has done very well for him:

The REALLY BIG Cooler Shootout
Rok Hard Soft Sided Cooler Showdown
The Big Cooler Showdown

and @Tony Trietch reviewed The Canyon Prospector 100
Cross Country Cooler Road Trip
1553877163182.png

So we're confident that Canyon Coolers is a good match for our Rokslide crowd and we're glad to welcome them to Rokslide.

We have some more reviews lined up on The Mule and The Scout, so watch for those.

I might even pair one of those reviews with a member, so watch for that opp.

Thanks and give Canyon Coolers a click if you're in the market for a cooler in 2019

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to Rokslide glad you came on as a sponsor. I bought two different canyon coolers both have performed excellent.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

tdhanses

WKR
Solid company, glad to see them come on board! I really like my 35 and I do believe “the cooler man” is what sold me on it! He is the cooler review pro!

Dos XX

WKR
I think they started out selling coolers to rafting outfitters on the Grand Canyon. I bought one big cooler, the 126, and two small 25ish qt coolers. I have one even smaller than that. I think they called if a rock box or something.

I got interested in their coolers because they had sizes designed to fit between the tubes in white water rafts. They weren't as long as a lot of coolers, but were tall to make up the capacity.

My 126 might be a few years short of 10 years. I had a cataraft for a while then sold it and got a raft. I bought the cooler when I bought the cataraft which I think was in 2010. I remember when I sold the cat, I had to make sure the raft I was buying was wide enough inside for the cooler to fit in. Solid cooler. It has dry box type latches on it. It's a beast.

I have done 9 or 10 day float trips with it and had ice at the end. This in September / October, not July / August.

Last edited:

MtnMuley

WKR
I just wished they still made their fish box cooler. I've searched everywhere to buy one, even used with zero luck.

I was searching for a cooler this past spring and went through all of Travis’s reviews several tiAmes and each time the canyon was right there in the end and they were much better priced than some others. Ended up with a 75 since I didn’t feel there was a lot of room In the smaller sizes.

I’m very happy with my Prospector 103 in my quiver of coolers. Great guys talked with them a bit at ISE last weekend and they are local.

Mt Al

WKR
Never owned one buy my step brother has for years and swears by them, and he could probably be arrested for "cooler abuse" if such a law existed. Canyon will be my go-to if I ever feel the need for an alpha cooler.

tdhanses

WKR
do they ever run sales/promo codes ? in the market for a larger one this year.

They have around Christmas etc but they used to have a bone yard where they sold factory seconds that are fully functional but may have an irregular mark in the finish, if they still have this it’s worth checking out especially if you plan to use your cooler as it’ll get a few beauty marks anyway.

Last edited: