Welcome Canyon Coolers

Ranger619

WKR
I have had a Canyon 75 for a few years. I have come home from a September trip with it still full of ice and left it sit in the garage for another week before the ice is finally gone. I also use it as a box for workouts with a 75 pound pack on. The lid/cooler are still holding up after many hours of abuse with the pack on.

Brendan

WKR
03 to be used on my boat dock. I plan to keep it on the dock without moving it and just reload the ice, beverages and food as needed. What do you like about each of them and would you suggest one over the other for this use? Thank you

The 125 isn't huge to the point where it's hard to move around (empty). Personally, I'd always go for the extra space if you're not going to be moving it much. I bought mine because it offered the most space, without being overly wide (I can fit a Canyon 125 and Yeti 105 side by side on my hitch carrier).

You could even consider the 150 or the 222 if it's legitimately going to be sitting on the dock, but depends how much space you need/want and if you'll ever use it for anything else. I did get rid of my Yeti 150 and move to two smaller coolers because I hated moving around the 150, especially with anything in it.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am planning to purchase the 125 or 103 to be used on my boat dock. I plan to keep it on the dock without moving it and just reload the ice, beverages and food as needed. What do you like about each of them and would you suggest one over the other for this use? Thank you
it all depends on the dimension you are looking for. the 103 is long and skinny, the 125 is more square. other than that, they will both do the job perfectly. the 103 might make a seat for two people on your dock? that would be the only advantage I can see to the 103 over 125.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
The 125 isn't huge to the point where it's hard to move around (empty). Personally, I'd always go for the extra space if you're not going to be moving it much. I bought mine because it offered the most space, without being overly wide (I can fit a Canyon 125 and Yeti 105 side by side on my hitch carrier).

You could even consider the 150 or the 222 if it's legitimately going to be sitting on the dock, but depends how much space you need/want and if you'll ever use it for anything else. I did get rid of my Yeti 150 and move to two smaller coolers because I hated moving around the 150, especially with anything in it.
good points, I will say the canyon 150 is easier to move than the tundra 160/165. the 150 is bigger, but more square than the yeti. It sounds like it is going to live on a boat dock so maybe only moved once?