Welcome CVA, Powerbelt, and Bergara Rifles

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
cva.pngPB.pngBergera.png
Hey Roksliders,
you probably already know these companies (if not click CVA, Powerbelt, Bergara Rifle) but we're happy to have them on as Rokslide sponsors and learn more about their products and customer service. These three companies are operated under BPI Outdoors, so watch for that screen name on the forums as they'll be posting about these brands and answering customer questions)

CVA is a solid company building high quality muzzleloaders since 1971 (fun fact, they're the #1 selling muzzleloader brand). We've arranged to test and hunt with several rifles across their expansive lines.

@Matt.Davis (our friend at MTN OPS and fellow muzzlelaoder hunter) will be submitting his review on .45 Cal. ELR Paramount Pro Rifle shooting the Powerbelt 285 bullet. Should have that up in the next few weeks

@realunlucky Rokslide Mod will be testing the Paramount Pro 45 Cal. for his upcoming Utah Muzzleloader hunt. He's currently testing loads but will be running something from Powerbelt

@Cashman (my son) will be running the Northwest Wolf .50 cal (not available in our fav .45 cal--yet) for his Idaho Muzzleloader rut hunt. He'll be running full lead Powerbelts, but we haven't settled on a bullet weight yet.

(if you want to see those posts, follow each of them by clicking on screen name so you'll see when they post).

I've had extensive testing experience with Powerbelt and like that they have so many options to choose from.

Bergara Rifles is also a BPI Outdoors brand. We're just getting to know them and don't have any reviews planned at this point, but hope to in the future. Bergara earned a reputation making premium barrels for other manufacturers but recently launched their own line of precision firearms. All the CVA rifles mentioned above are sporting Bergara Barrels

So give these guys a Rokslide welcome and watch for them on the forums AND check out the reviews as we get into hunting season.

Last edited:

NDGuy

WKR
While you are on here Bergara...for the love of God please make a sub $1000 left-handed rifle!

:D

twall13

WKR
Tell us! What are they?
I purchased a B-14 HMR in 6.5 Creed last year that I used on some african plains game and a mule deer.

I also just picked up a B-14 Wilderness Ridge in 300 Win Mag that I haven't even had a chance to mount a scope on yet. I plan on adding a Spartan Precision Javelin gunsmith adapter and mounting a Maven scope soon to take it out and see what ammo it likes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Fitzwho

WKR
I'll be running the original Paramount (non-Pro) on a New Mexico Mule Deer and Arizona Late Elk hunt this fall.

I'd be willing to test out the Pro Colorado version next year if they want to send me one to put through the ringer.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I purchased a B-14 HMR in 6.5 Creed last year that I used on some african plains game and a mule deer.

I also just picked up a B-14 Wilderness Ridge in 300 Win Mag that I haven't even had a chance to mount a scope on yet. I plan on adding a Spartan Precision Javelin gunsmith adapter and mounting a Maven scope soon to take it out and see what ammo it likes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Good to know. Like mentioned, we’re trying to get familiar with what they offer. That Win Mag sounds like a package!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be running the original Paramount (non-Pro) on a New Mexico Mule Deer and Arizona Late Elk hunt this fall.

I'd be willing to test out the Pro Colorado version next year if they want to send me one to put through the ringer.
We’ll keep you in mind. I see the Colorado is sold out right now.

Welcome aboard! Have had excellent performance with PowerBelts once I went to the Aerolites rather than the standard copper or platinum PBs. My CVA Wolf might be considered "entry level" by some but 4 deer and 3 elk sure haven't complained. Look forward to seeing you guys in the discussions!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome aboard! Have had excellent performance with PowerBelts once I went to the Aerolites rather than the standard copper or platinum PBs. My CVA Wolf might be considered "entry level" by some but 4 deer and 3 elk sure haven't complained. Look forward to seeing you guys in the discussions!

I’ve had great luck with those Aerolights Chas (MOA and less) We be hitting you up once we start shooting Cash’s Wolf! Did you stay with the factory open sights or did you upgrade? What bullet weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had great luck with those Aerolights Chas (MOA and less) We be hitting you up once we start shooting Cash’s Wolf! Did you stay with the factory open sights or did you upgrade? What bullet weight?

250gr pushed by 95gr 777. Upgraded to the rear peep and factory front. Deadly load from my experience at 125 yds and in. I failed in my initial research and shot the copper and platinum with very little expansion as those are made for the pellet guns 150gr ++. Once I did my part on researching the proper bullet for my application, never had an issue and watched every cow and mulie drop within 20 yards of the hit when I put it in the boiler-room.

Only caveat with the Wolf is making sure to wrap a piece of tape around that rod and barrel - it makes a horrible sound when hiking through the brush and it pulls out 1” and the bullet takes off the plastic handle and throws the rod 10 feet towards the bear laughing hysterically at your mishap.....

Last edited:

Drenalin

WKR
Awesome! I just replaced an old Optima with a new Wolf, and picked up a Bergara B-14 Hunter in .30-06 at the end of 2019. Been shooting 295 grain hollow point Powerbelts for years (which are devastating on deer) and will be trying the 300 grain Aerolites this year. I like everything I’ve owned from these companies.

2ski

WKR
Picked up a B-14 hunter in .308 the end of February. Haven't shot it yet as I need to get a scope.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wife said a couple of boxes showed up can't wait until range day on Tuesday
f5d29f42e11c98f4b4d0ae8dd75bbca5.jpg

Click --> CVA Paramount Pro 2020 to follow my thread.