Welcome Davis Tent of Colorado **Review Added 1/31/21**

Catahoula

WKR
Went to Davis last Friday and ordered the elk package and cook tent, along with other accessories needed. Taylor was a huge help. Thank you T and Davis for the easy ordering process. 👍🏽

ScottB

FNG
View attachment 198061
Hey Roksliders
some of you know this company but some of you don't. @Jordan Budd has used their tents and we've heard from many happy customers. Happy to have them on as a sponsor. You'll see Taylor posting under @Davis Tent on the forums.
Hit him up if you wanna know more about their big line of wall tents, tent accessories, stoves, tarps, cots, horse panniers & scabbards, and more. Davis Tent has been at this game for 60 years! You can hit their site here
View attachment 198062

Hit the "watch" button, upper right of this post if you want to follow Jordan's upcoming review on a Davis Tent. Give them a warm Rokslide welcome and a click or two!
Ive used Davis Tents for 30 years. I have 3 tents of different sizes. Love them all. The best customer service out there.

@Davis Tent
Can you explain the storm flaps to me? I understand protecting the zipper from wind driven snow, but the flaps are only accessible from the outside of the tent...

Davis Tent

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
@Davis Tent
Can you explain the storm flaps to me? I understand protecting the zipper from wind driven snow, but the flaps are only accessible from the outside of the tent...
Sorry the delayed response. Mule deer have most of attention at the moment. It is mostly used to protect the zipper. The straps are on the outside, because that’s where the wind/snow is coming from.

Yup, my davis tents are set up the same. My question is, why are the buckles on the outside of the tent? Its awesome that the straps are adjustable taking the tension off the zipper, but the straps are on the OUTSIDE of the tent. Moisture, humidity, temp, snow load on the roof, etc are constantly changing the stretch of walls
Am I supposed to crawl under the sod cloth to let myself in and out? Buckles on the outside, none on the inside is my question.
On my tent they buckle together and the tension can be adjusted, just like on any 1" buckle strap system. This allows the user to also take stress off the zipper.

Yup, my davis tents are set up the same. My question is, why are the buckles on the outside of the tent? Its awesome that the straps are adjustable taking the tension off the zipper, but the straps are on the OUTSIDE of the tent. Moisture, humidity, temp, snow load on the roof, etc are constantly changing the stretch of walls
Am I supposed to crawl under the sod cloth to let myself in and out? Buckles on the outside, none on the inside is my question.
I have never had an issue unzipping the zipper and then undoing the buckles to let myself out. If they put the buckles on the inside, then the zipper would be exposed to the elements. Their idea is to have that fabric protecting the zipper from the elements, freezing, getting filled with dirt... and the fabric covering the zipper also allows for retaining heat and in a warm tent, keeping the zipper from freezing.

@Davis Tent

The other thing the storm flaps absolutely kick ass for imo is to keep the weather and bugs out when people are frequently entering/exiting the tent when unzipped. I have (2) 12x14’s, one with storm flaps and one without, it’s amazing the difference. The tent with storm flap kind of seals itself behind you in a way even if unzipped (hope that makes sense) where my straight zipper leaves a 6-8” gap to atmosphere letting cold and or fly’s in.

I wish I would have known that benefit and I would most definitely have (2) tents with storm flap.

I’m horrible about getting camp pics, but the tent on the right is unzipped, you can see though it’s closed or at least it’s holding heat.
E40025AC-5F9D-46B6-A89F-C141951B5980.jpeg

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh my word... this thread is insane!! I get the slight impression that [mention]Davis Tent [/mention] makes a great product and has quality customer service? ;)
Holy smokes. Welcome to rokslide (officially) but apparently you’ve been “with us” for a long time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
I’ve got the Antelope package. 12x14 with the medium sized Summit stove. That stove is freaking awesome. One thing I really liked was how they cut their poles. All the ridge pole sections are the same length which makes setting up quicker. Some other wall tent frames I’ve been around are really particular with which poles go where.

The storage bags are no joke, super heavy duty. Packing the stove up is awesome because everything packs away inside the stove body. The hot water tank, warming tray and stove pipe included. Very slick.
Jordan,
I was looking at the Antelope package. How much storage does it take up when packed away? Curious how much of a pickup box it would take up. One thing that I'd get hung up on is needing to take 2 vehicles just to haul the tent+normal gear and coolers.

Davis Tent

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
what size? what’s the highlight of the Go Tent over other models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is a 10' by 10' footprint. It has 3' walls and a 7' peak height. We designed it to still fit cots on the sides and have standing room. It uses less material making it lighter than our other models. Not backpack light. The one I used has a sewn in floor and it weighs right around 40 pounds. It also takes much less time to set up than our bigger tents. Ten to fifteen minutes.

Jordan,
I was looking at the Antelope package. How much storage does it take up when packed away? Curious how much of a pickup box it would take up. One thing that I'd get hung up on is needing to take 2 vehicles just to haul the tent+normal gear and coolers.

I’m not Jordan but I took my Antelope Package out for second season this year.

Tent itself – Rolled up into a cylinder, conservatively it’s about 3 feet long with a 2 foot diameter. I keep mine in the deluxe tent bag which is definitely worth it.

Angles, Stakes, and Floor – I have the 12 piece (4 column) angle kit, the full detached zippered cutout floor, plus stakes. Together they fit nicely in a standard 17 gallon bin, along with a sledgehammer and any other setup tools.

Poles – Will depend on your configuration, but again I have the 12 piece (4 column) internal frame configuration, which has more poles than the standard 3 column configuration. Mine has 3 different lengths of 1” tubing. Eight slope poles at about 6 and a half feet. Nine ridgelength poles at about 5 feet. Eight leg poles at about 5 feet. I have a shortbed pick-up truck, 2008 Silverado crew cab. They all lay diagonally across the truckbed without issue. Volumetrically they don’t take up almost any space.

Stove – I don’t run a stove, so someone else would have to comment.

So all in all it’s just a 3’x2’ cylinder for the tent, one 17 gallon bin for the angles/stakes/floor/tools, then the poles laid diagonally across the bed of the pick-up. This is my first season with a wall tent and I have to say storing it and traveling with it are less of a pain than I thought. Packaged up it doesn’t take up that much space.