Welcome FORLOH—American Made Gear Co.

Idk about anyone else that has the allclima stretch pant, but I'd much prefer the little knife pocket to be on the right instead of the left side. Or on both sides

92xj

WKR
The knife pocket doesn't bother me as i never really carry a pocket knife on me but I do wish the pants had a different fit from the knee down. For me, from the knee up, the pants are great. Knee down, they are a little too baggy bell bottomish. I imagine the thought was some sort of boot cut, maybe a folded down muck style boot but for a hiking boot, there is a lot of extra fabric down there for me. Though, I still love the pant and will continue to wear them, I am hoping to see a slight design change in the future.
One thing I havent learned to love with pants with knee pads is the lack of breathability through the pad. It is such an odd feeling to be hot and sweaty on the knee cap. This comment is for all pants, not just Forloh. I feel the pro outweighs the con with knee pads and my style of hunting, it is just an odd feeling. Though it does remind me how well the rest of the pant breaths when only my knee caps are hot and sweaty.

Last edited:

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Make a pant without knee pads too. Like the solair but won’t buy the heavier ones with knee pads in them.
We've heard this a few times. Our Kneepad is one of the most technically advanced fabrics we nerd out on over here - so for now the knee pads will stay for the next year or 2 but we will have a pant in the future without them!

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The knife pocket doesn't bother me as i never really carry a pocket knife on me but I do wish the pants had a different fit from the knee down. For me, from the knee up, the pants are great. Knee down, they are a little too baggy bell bottomish. I imagine the thought was some sort of boot cut, maybe a folded down muck style boot but for a hiking boot, there is a lot of extra fabric down there for me. Though, I still love the pant and will continue to wear them, I am hoping to see a slight design change in the future.
One thing I havent learned to love with pants with knee pads is the lack of breathability through the pad. It is such an odd feeling to be hot and sweaty on the knee cap. This comment is for all pants, not just Forloh. I feel the pro outweighs the con with knee pads and my style of hunting, it is just an odd feeling. Though it does remind me how well the rest of the pant breaths when only my knee caps are hot and sweaty.
Noted on the knee pad! That suede patch isnt breathable - but it is would of the most abrasive resistant textiles out there. Thanks for testing it out!!

92xj

WKR
Noted on the knee pad! That suede patch isnt breathable - but it is would of the most abrasive resistant textiles out there. Thanks for testing it out!!
That wasnt a knock on your knee pad, just my lack of experience with knee pads in general. I really enjoy your suede patch a lot and find it to be the best one out of the few pants with pads I have tried.
Just suck in that ankle fit a tiny little bit.

Another feature I like is the inner waist band silicon/rubber that holds my tucked in next to skin shirt. So many times that layer comes out with other pants without that feature. With it, I went all day up and down mountains with a pack on with weight and my shirt stayed put. Perfect.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thank you for your feedback!

Lawnboi

WKR
Got some matches and fishing days in the solair pants, very nice! Like everything about them except the thigh pocket location, off to the side would be nice with a zipper cover so the zipper dosnt get beaten up. A more traditional cargo pocket.

These are the coolest running hot weather pants I own.

Dobermann

WKR
This stuff looks great!

From a quick look at the website - and I haven't read the last six pages of comments - I'm keen to see more hoods in the down jackets.

And the the hooded long-sleeved shirts and mid-layers available in green.

:)

Last edited:

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Got some matches and fishing days in the solair pants, very nice! Like everything about them except the thigh pocket location, off to the side would be nice with a zipper cover so the zipper dosnt get beaten up. A more traditional cargo pocket.

These are the coolest running hot weather pants I own.
Thank you for your feedback! I will pass these suggestions to our product development team!

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This stuff looks great!

From a quick look at the website - and I haven't read the last six pages of comments - I'm keen to see more hoods in the down jackets.

And the the hooded long-sleeved shirts and mid-layers available in green.

:)
Keep an eye out for new product releases this fall! We are currently waiting for our restock in our SolAir line and should have some available next month!

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Very impressed with all my forloh pieces, pretty much have a full kit for each season now. You guys need to make zip off baselayer boot top bottoms! You'll be the only ones made in America that im aware of
Hey! I am so happy that you're loving your FORLOH grear. We would love to see some photos of you out in the field :) Passing your suggestion to our product development team. Cheers!

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have really big calvs do your pants have plenty of leg room?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Good morning! Our pants have plenty of room in the lower section. Our AllClima Stretch Woven Pants and our SolAir LightWeight pants also have incredible 4-way stretch to allow for easy movement.

DWarcher

WKR
Sorry but I can't get past all of the marketing for bikinis and yoga pants but that's just me.

As they say, different strokes...

Last edited:
@ForlohFamily I see that the weights of products on your website are listed in grams per meter squared. Can someone explain to me how this is helpful in determining the total weight of the product without knowing the total area? What am I missing?

amassi

WKR
@ForlohFamily I see that the weights of products on your website are listed in grams per meter squared. Can someone explain to me how this is helpful in determining the total weight of the product without knowing the total area? What am I missing?

How do you not know how many square meters their products are?
Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Last edited: