Welcome FORLOH—American Made Gear Co.

bsnedeker

WKR
@ForlohFamily I see that the weights of products on your website are listed in grams per meter squared. Can someone explain to me how this is helpful in determining the total weight of the product without knowing the total area? What am I missing?
Those are not weights... waterproofing ratings.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

sndmn11

WKR
Those are not weights... waterproofing ratings.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
Definitely the fabric weight coming off the bolt...

They have their fabric weight listed as shown above gm/m2, as GSM (grams per square meter), and as a generic Oz. (ounces per square yard). On a few other products they have denier listed as well.

The actual weight of the garment is not listed however.

Here are some weights from the stuff I have.

AllClima Stretch Woven Pant size 32--25.2oz
SolAir InsectShield Hoodie size S--7.3oz
AllCima Softshell Jacket size M--27.6oz
AllClima Softshell Jacket size S--25.5oz
AllClima 3L Rain Pant size S--22.1oz
Thermonuetral Down Jacket size L--21.2oz
Thermonuetral Down Vest size M--13.7
Thermonuetral Down Pant size S--19.5oz

Tjdeerslayer37

Lil-Rokslider
I am primarily a whitetail hunter and my biggest pet peeve is loud fabric, anybody care to comment on material noise with the allclima pants? I've looked at these a few times but haven't pulled the trigger yet because I'm picky with the fabric lol.

I am primarily a whitetail hunter and my biggest pet peeve is loud fabric, anybody care to comment on material noise with the allclima pants? I've looked at these a few times but haven't pulled the trigger yet because I'm picky with the fabric lol.
Which AllClima pants, stretch woven or rain pants? They also have free returns btw.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
FORLOH - Thermoneutral Down Buy 1 Get 1 30% off - Now until 10/2 - don't miss out!

Attachments

• 1200 x 630TNLR_v2-hr.jpg
    1200 x 630TNLR_v2-hr.jpg
    682 KB · Views: 14

skeptic

FNG
I am a Made in the USA afficionado and was excited to see this line come out. Ordered up a pair of their pants (All Clima) and a shirt, can't really remember the name of the shirt. It was a standard half zip type deal.

Has anyone noticed the pants seem to run...small? I am 6'0 and about 200 lbs at what I would call optimal fighting weight. Other brands I typically wear a 34" waist, but sometimes order a 36" so I can layer with them. I don't think there is anyway in hell I could layer anything under these pants. The waist is fine, but the leg portions at the seat and thigh seem to be unusually tight. Even if I order a size up I think that they would hang off me at the waist and have unusual tightness in the legs. I am hoping to get out on a few hikes with them and stretch them out a little, hopefully that works.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I am a Made in the USA afficionado and was excited to see this line come out. Ordered up a pair of their pants (All Clima) and a shirt, can't really remember the name of the shirt. It was a standard half zip type deal.

Has anyone noticed the pants seem to run...small? I am 6'0 and about 200 lbs at what I would call optimal fighting weight. Other brands I typically wear a 34" waist, but sometimes order a 36" so I can layer with them. I don't think there is anyway in hell I could layer anything under these pants. The waist is fine, but the leg portions at the seat and thigh seem to be unusually tight. Even if I order a size up I think that they would hang off me at the waist and have unusual tightness in the legs. I am hoping to get out on a few hikes with them and stretch them out a little, hopefully that works.
thank you for the feedback on fit. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer service team if there is anything we can do to remedy this for you. Thank you for supporting Made in America gear.

skeptic

FNG
thank you for the feedback on fit. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer service team if there is anything we can do to remedy this for you. Thank you for supporting Made in America gear.
Not sure there is much you can do, I admittedly have an odd body type and am generally wary when I see "athletic fit". I am more a contact sport athletic and less a marathon runner athletic. I routinely have this issue with different brands. When Kuiu and Sitka first came on the market I had similar issues with their apparel. Waist fit fine, but the legs and seat were pretty tight. Over the years something must have changed because now there is definitely more room in the legs and seat area, especially for layering.

I think I could get away with wearing the All Clima pants without any base layers, but they would be pretty snug if I put even a thin base layer on underneath. No worries, just might not work out for me personally. Thanks for making gear that is designed and assembled here in the US.

Edit: Do apparel companies have a "seat and thigh" fit measurement guide? Some companies have a general measurement guideline around the waist, arms, chest, etc. Would be interesting to have a measurement around the thickest part of your thigh or something and see how that correlates. But then again, it could just be me.

Last edited:

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Not sure there is much you can do, I admittedly have an odd body type and am generally wary when I see "athletic fit". I am more a contact sport athletic and less a marathon runner athletic. I routinely have this issue with different brands. When Kuiu and Sitka first came on the market I had similar issues with their apparel. Waist fit fine, but the legs and seat were pretty tight. Over the years something must have changed because now there is definitely more room in the legs and seat area, especially for layering.

I think I could get away with wearing the All Clima pants without any base layers, but they would be pretty snug if I put even a thin base layer on underneath. No worries, just might not work out for me personally. Thanks for making gear that is designed and assembled here in the US.

Edit: Do apparel companies have a "seat and thigh" fit measurement guide? Some companies have a general measurement guideline around the waist, arms, chest, etc. Would be interesting to have a measurement around the thickest part of your thigh or something and see how that correlates. But then again, it could just be me.
"seat and thigh" I like it. This is something I will bubble up. Even if it is not posted on our website our customer service team should be able to help track this info down.

Last edited:

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
24 Hour Flash Sale!!!!
Free Shipping $99+* | Pay Over Time | Free Returns**​
FORLOH Technical Outdoor Clothing
Rifle Season is Here!
To celebrate the first snowfall of the season at our flagship store in Whitefish, Montana we are having a special 24 HOUR FLASH SALE on our Snowfall Camoflauge ThermoNeutral Down for the ENTIRE FAMILY!​
Cold Weather Essentials
American-Made with a Lifetime Guarantee

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
FORLOH SALE!!

OFFER:
  • BOGO 40% mix and match from Insect Shield SolAir Lightweight Pants Men & Women's and Insect Shield SolAir Lightweight Pants Tall
  • Discount automatically applied in cart
OFFER:
  • 25% Off ALL ThermoNeutral
  • 20% Off Expedition Jacket

1677696078435.png

I have an entire kit in their snow camo. Down vest, allclima jacket, beanies, pants, etc. Don’t hesitate to buy from FORLOH. Every piece is absolutely top notch. And customer service is amazing.

I bought it all months ago and when I finally got around to using it, I realized I got the jacket and vest in the wrong size. Return window was months expired. But they didn’t bat an eye. Switched me out without question.

And it’s sourced and made here?

These guys aren’t well known yet but they should and will be.