Welcome Mesa Horse Gear Company

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Mesa 3.jpg

Hey Roksliders
Super happy to have Dane Coppola from Mesa Horse Gear Company out of Colorada sponsoring this forum. He's a very experienced horseman who builds and sells quality backcountry horse gear ranging from horn bags, cantle bags, and saddlebags, and more.

Mesa 1.jpg

If you're a backcountry horseman, you'll appreciate his systems for getting the most out of your saddle system.

Give him a warm Rokslide welcome and check out his website here

Mesa 2.jpg

MesaHorseCo.

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Are your bags waterproof?
Thanks for the question. We don’t advertise them as being waterproof for a few reasons. However, the material itself has a pvc backing which is very water resistant. I did a water test on the bags in which I filled them up with water and let them sit. The seams started to drip before too long, but the material never did. Long story short, I would not say that they are completely waterproof, however, for a normal rainstorm or wet weather use they will shed water very well, and the design of the lids will also assist in keeping water out. The cantle bag has a rain lip on each end over the zippers, but the zippers themselves are not specifically waterproof. Due to the orientation of the zippers and the rain lip, it would be unlikely that a rainstorm would push water into the bag through the zippers. Hope this was a decent answer for you.

-Dane

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Review is up on the Mesa Horse Gear Saddle & Cantle Bag. I like 'em!
IMG_3883.jpg