Welcome Rugged Stitching, Rokslide Sponsor

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
No, that wouldn't be up my ally. Would have to find the right zippers for the application, switch out the thread/needles on the machine(s), etc. and never practiced on trying to do something like that on a pant leg (vs a beefy zipper added to the side of a much larger pack) just not something I've got interest in tackling with everything else I have going.

GMC

Lil-Rokslider
Hey pods8- do you have any experience retrofitting or adapting a kuiu icon pro bag so it is more compatible with a kifaru duplex hunter frame? I've done searches on here and read about it being done but most of the feedback made it sound like the attachments weren't suitable for heavy loads. So, has anyone ever sent you an icon pro to work on?

bruno59

WKR
Hey pods8- do you have any experience retrofitting or adapting a kuiu icon pro bag so it is more compatible with a kifaru duplex hunter frame? I've done searches on here and read about it being done but most of the feedback made it sound like the attachments weren't suitable for heavy loads. So, has anyone ever sent you an icon pro to work on?
I sent pods a kuiu icon 5200 and he put a hypalon sleeve on the back of the bag just like the older kifaru bags and looks like it came from the factory slips over the top of frame and even has the three different load lifter holes the side straps just hook up to the tab loops on the frame and the delta strap on the belt goes right to the ladderlock buckle on the bag you can put as much weight in the bag as you want it is a great set up for me

GMC

Lil-Rokslider
I love the layout of the icon pro bags and the sleeve is really what I was inquiring about, thanks for the reply! Do you happen to remember roughly what it cost? Also, what hardware did you use to connect the bag to the frame, open ended k clips?

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Here's the sleeve:

VXGfkwll.jpg

crmiller84

Lil-Rokslider
Quick shoutout to Adam, he did an absolutley PHENOMENAL job on my EMR2. Very thourough in his communication, thought of things I hadn't, and made my pack what I had always wished it had been. Didn't have time to get pics together before work, but I'll post some up soon.

Work done:
Removed both wing pockets from EMR2 and added tabs to the outer edges of bag and wings with G Hooks so they are removeable.
Added tabs to the other seam on each wing for repair buckles so they can be buckled together, similar to the Fulcrum
Added two PALS areas (one bottom center of the bag, one on frame side of snow collar) for Kifaru belt pouches.
Added two tabs on the snow collar so it can be folded down like the new Kifaru packs and ran w/o a lid.

Could not be happier with the experience ofr the end result. Awesome job! Can't wait to load it up and do some training hikes!

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks guys, hectic work week including driving home ALOT of hours after my flight got canceled in the Denver storms, scrambling to get ready for a delayed departure on a hunt tomorrow, will follow up on PMs when I get a chance.

Rob5589

WKR
Little harder to keep them squared off but over the top is doable too here is my belt:
AHj6RWNl.jpg

Could you do some pouches like these but with the zipper on the front? Maybe an inch from the top and not wrapped along the sides. I have an EXO pack but their pouches need two hands if opened too far which is a pita. Thanks

Rob5589

WKR
I see what you are saying. How about across the top, stopping at the ends and not down the sides. Probably the same limits but easier to get stuff in and out. I only put small things anyway; gps, head net, gloves etc.

Thanks guys, hectic work week including driving home ALOT of hours after my flight got canceled in the Denver storms, scrambling to get ready for a delayed departure on a hunt tomorrow, will follow up on PMs when I get a chance.

Pods8, hello. New customer here.

I’d like to order the following:

o Two nalgene pouches in foliage
- Mystery Ranch Guide Light
- Stiffened collar
- Bungee securing loop
- Trim and all work in foliage too if you can accommodate (please let me know)

o Two bear spray pouches also in foliage
- Mystery Ranch Guide Light
- Bungee securing loop and Velcro strap
- Trim and all work in foliage if you can accommodate

o One custom spotting scope pouch in foliage
- For Mystery Ranch MetCalf, attached using the two center compression straps
- Want to position it on the back centered left/right on the two compression strap buckles
- Half moon zippered top opening
- Sized to fit a Vortex 65mm angled spotting scope
- Two rows of PALS webbing on the outer face, running from top near the zippered lid to the sewn bottom, spaced as wide apart as possible but still on the rear face (not so wide as to be along the sides of the pouch)
- Trim and all work in foliage if you can accommodate

Please let me know if you can accommodate the build and add me to your production schedule.

If you can send me a couple of pictures or links for something similar you’ve made, so I can confirm with you - that would be perfect.

No rush at all, but would like to know a ballpark time frame to complete.

Just need to know how to get you paid.

Look forward to hearing from you.

My best, Tim

Sent from my iPhone