Welcome to Colorado Leftover Watch

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all, @Travis Bertrand into’d me to this app last year. If I wanted a Colorado leftover tag, this would be the route I’d go. I did the trial offer last year (after the leftover application crazy day ended) and although I didn’t end up needing a Colorado tag, I did see several of the ones I wanted come up on the notifications over the next month. Travis ended up getting his Colorado tag through this service, saving him from an almost “drought” mule deer tag season.

Here is some more info on what exactly they do:

At 9.99/12 months!, you almost can’t go wrong. Compare that to the cost of tags and hunting.

Justin Moore is the owner and will be posting on the forums under @Fauntleroy , so please give him a warm welcome.

He’s got a FB/IG Live event coming up Sunday August 11th, 5-7PM MTN Time, so be sure and follow him on those social medias if you want to learn more.

Here is his website: http://leftoverwatch.com/

Or you can find him in the App Store

Thanks for the intro Robby! While we might not be able to help you on the proverbial "Leftover Day", we do a great job of letting you know when the reissued tags become available after August 13th and through the rest of the season ending after spring turkey. Lots of you are already on the app and know how it works. For those of you that aren't on the app your best bet to learn what we're doing is gonna be on our Facebook/Instagram live event this coming Sunday evening on 8/11. Good luck this year folks!

For those interested in learning about it in one of the live events:

www.facebook.com/leftoverwatch

@CoLeftoverWatch for Instagram.

Last edited:

Trial153

WKR
OTC opens the 8th? Do they still mail tag within 24 hours? That would give me about 10 day before I fly out

Yep, Aug 8 at 9 AM MTSD the OTC and OTC with caps licenses go on sale. You'll have the option to either have it sent in the mail, or to pick it up at an office (or licensing vendor if the season hasn't already begun by then) if you snag any tag online. If it was me and you're a non resident flying into DIA, I'd pick it up.

1) You'll be able to verify your hunters ed with the CPW which is a good leg up using the app.

2) Stop by the Broadway office and see what a 40" life size Bighorn looks like.

Might even get to see a sheep get plugged if an archery ram comes in for it. Those guys are getting ready to go. Got a tip for you all on Sunday about how to get a ram tag using no points this year...

Ckleeves - spent a bunch of nights coming home from residential electrical work and reading stories about white collar dudes that had time to sit and refresh the list every 5 minutes. So I created something so that everyone who didn't have access to a computer all day could have access to the tags.

We definitely send a lot of notifications regarding the high preference point tags. But if you know a code that doesn't take too many points, than I'm only sending 2-4 notifications about it. Moral of the story is watch for a bunch of low end codes as there's thousands of those reissued and only a handful of the huge tags.

Thanks Gunnersdad! Not sure if I'm all that and a box of Cracker Jack's, but I'm gonna do what I say and get you a notification as soon as I can about a tag. My favorite part of this whole journey has been listening to stories about where folks get tags using the app. Grocery store, driving, siding a house, in meetings, it's fun!

Thanks Travis!

DenverCountryBoy- At least you know the system better than all the new users, and that's the biggest obstacle to picking up a tag.

ckleeves

WKR
Ckleeves - spent a bunch of nights coming home from residential electrical work and reading stories about white collar dudes that had time to sit and refresh the list every 5 minutes. So I created something so that everyone who didn't have access to a computer all day could have access to the tags.

We definitely send a lot of notifications regarding the high preference point tags. But if you know a code that doesn't take too many points, than I'm only sending 2-4 notifications about it. Moral of the story is watch for a bunch of low end codes as there's thousands of those reissued and only a handful of the huge tags.

White collar dudes buy vouchers. I picked up plenty of tags on my lunch break, waiting between loading trucks with an excavator, etc. Whoever is using the app has a computer right in their hands that’s perfectly capable of checking and refreshing the list.

I don’t have a problem with the app, just another easy button. I bet I could look at the “screen time” of every single person who doesn’t have time to check and refresh and it would tell a different story. That’s all I’m saying. If you want something bad enough then work for it.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll be checking this app out. Gotta try and stay current with new technology or the damn tech guys will get all the tags.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Last year, I got a notification that a 1st rifle cow tag was available so I got down to cpw quickly to exchange my 2nd rifle cow tag. Thought the weather would be better in in 1st rifle. It wasn't.

MtnMuley

WKR
Well, maybe I'm missing something, but this app I just purchased doesn't seem to be doing much. All I can do is enter a hunt code and wait? I've gotten 2 notifications/alerts, but click on them and the screen goes blank. Something is confusing here...... ..?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, maybe I'm missing something, but this app I just purchased doesn't seem to be doing much. All I can do is enter a hunt code and wait? I've gotten 2 notifications/alerts, but click on them and the screen goes blank. Something is confusing here...... ..?
I didn't buy it yet because from reading the website, i thought you have wait until Aug 13th then you can purchase from the return list.
Basically the app notifies you about a returned tag your watching and you purchase immediately atlest that was my take away