Welcome to Colorado Leftover Watch

MtnMuley

WKR
I kind of gathered the same to an extent, but expected more from the app besides to just be able to enter a hunt code and wait. Basically nothing else. Which might be okay once it starts working lol. Anyhow, I'm curious ad to why I've gotten a couple alerts and when I clicked on them, they disappeared? One started by saying something to the effect of "sorry" "goof up".......

Alright folks, worked like dogs last night and got the new hunt codes for 2019 updated. One wrong value within the database that had every single hunt code screwed us. I owe our developer a nice bottle of wine. The vast majority of you are up and running and I encourage you to test your app. If you're still having problems email me at [email protected] and we'll get you taken care of. I'm still going through the inbox so please be patient. Updated version is still under review by both platforms. Had to wait for the list to come out to begin the process. The new update will give the ability to clear your found codes and include a gift from me to you. Good luck this year!

HvyBeams

Lil-Rokslider
Here is my short review after using it last year -

Good idea, but it didn't work for me as advertised. I spent days and days last year refreshing the list every 5 minutes and seeing a specific unit hit the list I asked for notifications via the app. I saw on multiple occasions the app notifications were slow. Specifically, the notification was sent on the next 5 minute update, not immediately when it hit the list.

HvyBeams - We're gonna be timing the list quit a bit better this year. We're also working towards partnering with the CPW so that we can get everyone instant notifications. Until then, we're on a server where we will be using lessons from last year, to make this year's experience more efficient. I appreciate the feedback.

Tookeymonster

Lil-Rokslider
I just signed up for the app. I watched your video on how it works. I have a Samsung Android phone, how do you change the notification sounds? I can only find where to turn them on and off but not change the tone......

vanish

WKR
It was frustrating to hear CPW's response to the third party API request. I'm glad you're at least bringing the idea to their attention.

TookeyMonster - Without knowing exactly which phone you have this 2 minute Youtube is gonna be the best I can do for you. I imagine it'll answer your question though.

Vanish - Their silence on the subject speaks volumes to me. The contract they have with Aspira states that Aspira will create EVERYTHING for them. It would be a serious breach of contract for them to get too close to me, so it's a fine line I'm walking. I'd bet the topic was discussed amongst the leadership team after they closed the doors for an Executive Meeting. I promise that if we are able to run this with them, I will make the app infinitely more efficient.

Vanish - Or did you mean Corey Chicks response before his IPAWS Update? If so I wouldn't worry about that, I've got that covered. I'd be more concerned with the leadership team and the Commission who aren't gonna say much on the subject right now.

Alright folks, worked like dogs last night and got the new hunt codes for 2019 updated. One wrong value within the database that had every single hunt code screwed us. I owe our developer a nice bottle of wine. The vast majority of you are up and running and I encourage you to test your app. If you're still having problems email me at [email protected] and we'll get you taken care of. I'm still going through the inbox so please be patient. Updated version is still under review by both platforms. Had to wait for the list to come out to begin the process. The new update will give the ability to clear your found codes and include a gift from me to you. Good luck this year!
That's a really nice gift. Thank you!

BMB228

FNG
Love the technology that allows this to be relevant! Looking forward to using it next year if needed. I'm all good this year.

ColoradoV

WKR
Just a heads up and realization I am sure for some lol - but “bots” or “robots” are now buying the licenses just as fast as this app can even send out the notification. Or if you are using this app and hand typing in your info your chance is just about 0 or less of getting a good tag.

There is another couple pay for play sites that uses “bots” to buy the tags no need for notifications as the transaction has happened by the time a notification is even sent out and all the best tags are getting bought up this way...

Slippery slope for sure but unless you pay the bot service - until it changes or unless you want a cow tag in bfe your chances are officially zip...

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Just a heads up and realization I am sure for some lol - but “bots” or “robots” are now buying the licenses just as fast as this app can even send out the notification. Or if you are using this app and hand typing in your info your chance is just about 0 or less of getting a good tag.

There is another couple pay for play sites that uses “bots” to buy the tags no need for notifications as the transaction has happened by the time a notification is even sent out and all the best tags are getting bought up this way...

Slippery slope for sure but unless you pay the bot service - until it changes or unless you want a cow tag in bfe your chances are officially zip...

I guess I don't understand this. so how does the bot service move the tag to a legitmate person? One of our staff just bought a killer tag off the leftover list.

The bot would have to purchase something on a hunter's behalf. I assume you enter your CC and other relevant information with the bot service and they swoop in and try to buy once they get the alert the tag is available.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
The bot would have to purchase something on a hunter's behalf. I assume you enter your CC and other relevant information with the bot service and they swoop in and try to buy once they get the alert the tag is available.
OK, sorta makes sense, but who are these apps? They should have a line out the door, and heck, even a post on Rokslide. I've been gone a week so may have missed something.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"

And wouldn't the bot need your login info for the CPW to buy the tag in your account.........that's not gonna happen on my end.

ColoradoV

WKR
Yep bots get all the info cid number and cc and it is quick, quick, quick.. Word of mouth is only and way to find these “services” and they are way more than $10 bucks. Like add a 2 to the front and a couple of zeros..

Believe me or not I could care less but it happening and will continue in fact going to get a lot more expensive for those who play the game but it is what it is.