Welcome to Colorado Leftover Watch

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Word of mouth is only and way to find these “services” and they are way more than $10 bucks. Like add a 2 to the front and a couple of zeros..

$21,000 to use a bot, and just hope that the tag you want comes up? Why not just buy a landowner tag in unit 201......it would be cheaper?

I got a tag using the app this year and worked perfect. A few weeks later I was in my office sitting in front of my computer with blazing fast internet, had an antelope tag pop up, immediately logged into the system and had the tag in cart and checking out within maybe less than 60 seconds. I was on it. I had the hunt code memorized, I know my credit card number by memory and all of that data...I was flying through. Then got the “quota not available message.”

I was cursing the app thinking it didn’t really let me know right when the tag was on the list, so maybe it was a bot that beat me to it? I would have a hard time thinking another person was faster than me that day.

Leftover app was 1 for 2 this year though, so I’ll take it for $9.99

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
$21,000 to use a bot, and just hope that the tag you want comes up? Why not just buy a landowner tag in unit 201......it would be cheaper?

That’s what I’m thinking. And if they charge that much, there will be a pretty small pool of people competing for those tags in my understanding.

ColoradoV. Not really doubting YOU, I just hear so much BS rumors passed around in this business, I’ve become a skeptic. But thanks for sharing. Guess we’ll see how it shakes out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far this fall, I've gotten 4 notifications for tags that I was interested in, two for mule deer, and two for antelope. The tags are getting turned in, you just have to be quick on the trigger to buy them.

vanish

WKR
$21k too steep, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was $2,000 for some of the better tags,

If there really is out a bot out there, and you only paid if you got the tag, I would think it would be worth dang near as much as a landowner tag, don't you?

I thought of building such a service, but I don't think its ethical, so I didn't.

rob86jeep

WKR
Small price to pay if you are a sheep hunter....

Except sheep tags won't go on the leftover list. Anything that takes 4 or more points to draw (I believe) won't be on there either (short of a really strange scenario happening). 2k is way too much; you'd be better off just buying a landowner tag for that price.

ericF

WKR
There were ram tags on the list the last two years, plus ewe tags.

They all showed up after the season started which means you could only buy them at a CPW office which also means the bot would be worthless. Same for the Moose cow tag that showed up last year too if I remember correctly.

Your replacing the one with a two and adding two zeros. It's 2000 not 20000 the guys wouldn't have as much business that they do if it was 20000. 2000 is chump change for a lot of guys that want premium tags.

ColoradoV

WKR
Hahaha lol guess I was no clear.. Man happy I did not misspell a word or the forum police would have come down hard 😂🌈....

Since it was not clear my intent was if you add a 2 to the first number = gets ya a 3 with a couple zeros is 2000-3000 for tag in hand - that is a ballpark of what it will be for the good tags.. There will be no shortage of punters at that price...

Again believe me or not that is up to you but unless the cpw makes changes to address bots by next year they will be more way more prevalent.. I for one will be a punter and yes I am hunting a absolutely great returned tag again this year....

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hahaha lol guess I was no clear.. Man happy I did not misspell a word or the forum police would have come down hard ....

Since it was not clear my intent was if you add a 2 to the first number = gets ya a 3 with a couple zeros is 2000-3000 for tag in hand - that is a ballpark of what it will be for the good tags.. There will be no shortage of punters at that price...

Again believe me or not that is up to you but unless the cpw makes changes to address bots by next year they will be more way more prevalent.. I for one will be a punter and yes I am hunting a absolutely great returned tag again this year....

Thanks for clearing that up. All the best on your tag

cmbbulldog

Lil-Rokslider
Except sheep tags won't go on the leftover list. Anything that takes 4 or more points to draw (I believe) won't be on there either (short of a really strange scenario happening). 2k is way too much; you'd be better off just buying a landowner tag for that price.

4 point or more tags get returned all the time. They will contact 5 hunters first, if they all say no ( have to use points), then those high point tags get on the list.

cmbbulldog

Lil-Rokslider
I am no bot and have gotten multiple tags this year, including a 4th season deer tag that takes double digit points for NR to draw. Maybe there are bots, but I know plenty of folks getting good tags. Love the CO system.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"

It's not easy for analytical OCD types (me) to read into or assume what someone meant, instead of what they actually post.;) Adding a number "to the front" is WAY different than "adding it to the first number".

But that still doesn't override that you would have to give this bot access to all your personal information including your password. Giving them the $2k-$3k for the tag would be easier for me than giving them my info.

This year I actually gave a buddy my login info in case a tag popped up while I was up helping another buddy with his elk hunt. He got me a tag, and it only cost me a steak dinner.(y) And that was by my terms.......not his.