Welcome to Norway

nastynick

FNG
The job is taking me and my family to Norway. I’ll miss the opportunity to take part in the mountains of the U.S. but will take all the knowledge I’ve gained here overseas.

If anyone has any experience hunting anything in Norway I would be interested in your experience.

I appreciate all the good and honest people on this site, on to my next life adventure.

slvrslngr

WKR
That’s pretty cool. I’ve lived overseas in a couple different countries, so my best advice is to just make the most of it. Get out there and embrace the place and the people, make an attempt to learn some language too. You should have some great hunting opportunities there!

Many people like helping foreigners. I would reach out to the local game warden and County governor. They can get you pointed in the right direction and possibly make an introduction to locals.

Look for the posts from Arctic Scandi . He posted quite a bit of info about hunting in Scandinavia and being a native there should be a good point of contact for messaging.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Lots of cool stuff to hunt. Just can't do it with a bow. Yes bow hunting is illegal. Sweden too I think.

Robster

Lil-Rokslider
Hound hunting in Norway is still a tradition. Might be worth a look into.

This podcast might help figure out what and where you can hunt.

OP
nastynick

nastynick

FNG
Thanks everyone, too bad about the bowhunting which I had read about.
I’ll have to figure out obtaining a firearm, as I know they have a pretty stringent process from what I have read - maybe on a visit back to the US I’ll grab one and bring it back. I’ll see if I can track down any info from Arctic Scandi too.
Anything I’m able to do I’ll make sure to share here for anyone that wants it.

If I can get it figured out, I’d be happy to help anyone looking for a Norwegian adventure.

re: $17 dollar beers, yeah I’ve been over a few times and that’s an understatement

Scottyboy

WKR
As mentioned already, @arctic scandi would be your guy.

Hunyuk

FNG
I've lived in Trøndelag Norway for years and there is a strong community moose hunting culture here. Where are you living?