Welcome to Pyro Putty

Trial153

WKR
I cant notice much if any difference in either of them...its great stuff. Do what I did and just buy both!

Newtopen

FNG
funny enough, I'm pretty sure that's where I'm ending up and maybe more.... lol. looking at all the other kits they have too

I believe they now have 3 size cans. The really small can for like emergency kit. The medium one for camp bag. Then they have the home version. Its HUGEEEEEE. I guess it could also be the " I pack in on horses version. It doubles for a emergency water storage container lol

Bearshirt

FNG
A great diy fire starter is take a prescription bottle and fill it full of cotton balls with as much petroleum jelly smeared into them as you can. They will burn for 10 minutes. Cheap easy and light. I wrap some duct tape around the bottle too. I can get about 5 or 6 in a bottle. Also can be used as chap stick. Clumps of pine sap work good too but dries out after a few years.

Sled

WKR
I've been using their pouches for a year now. Pretty easy to light with just a bic lighter. I carry a few when snowmobiling even though I should have a tank of gas.

Sled
Yea I have one canister in the sled as well. I have my entire emergency kit in a tunnel bag. But if we break down and have to walk out, we want this to be portable. On my way out I got in trouble and need fire starter with me. It's a great tool to keep in the bag or back pack.

jcostanza

FNG
I saw this stuff at a couple expos this year. It looked pretty cool. I’ll have to get some after reading these posts. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 106678
Hey Roksliders, you should have seen my double video review on this product earlier this year. Pyro Putty firestarter is probably the most unique product I'll test this year. It did very well in my tests and I've hear other success stories since then. Give them a warm Rokslide welcome and consider the product here for your next trip. I know that I won't be using Trioxane anymore.
Here's the video reviews:
Summer Blend with lighter
Winter and Summer Blends with Steel Striker
Huge fan! The small winter blend can stays in my med kit no matter what!!

KB86

FNG
This is great. I have the summer blend. You know Texas is coooold right now. Been using it at the house to start fires. Even though I have a torch I could use haha

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
This is great. I have the summer blend. You know Texas is coooold right now. Been using it at the house to start fires. Even though I have a torch I could use haha

that’s how roksliders roll. why use a torch when something much lighter is available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk