Welcome to Pyro Putty

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Can you put it in a checked bag at the airlines?
Straight from the mouth of the owner, Cheston Davis:

"I have traveled with it many times. the Ferro rod with the knife I have been stopped for but not the putty. NOW, I have heard other people claim it has removed from their bag? I'm betting it is from the name more than anything as there are ZERO accelerants in the putty. No different from a candle in simple terms.

I think its a gray area and it depends on the TSA agents and how difficult they want to be lol."

MNGaryB

FNG
Straight from the mouth of the owner, Cheston Davis:

"I have traveled with it many times. the Ferro rod with the knife I have been stopped for but not the putty. NOW, I have heard other people claim it has removed from their bag? I'm betting it is from the name more than anything as there are ZERO accelerants in the putty. No different from a candle in simple terms.

I think its a gray area and it depends on the TSA agents and how difficult they want to be lol."
Thanks for checking it out
its going to Alaska with me!

MNGaryB

FNG
Will do. I have 3 cans of winter blend and the arc lighter. I’ll be doing some testing before I leave to

MNGaryB

FNG
I spent a week on the south side of the brooks and was able to try pyro putty in various conditions. There was not one condition I could find it did not work properly. The only pain I found was positioning the arc lighter in a way to cross the arc with the placement of the putty. Ie putting the putty in the center of branches and small sticks.

I was at 10,000' and it was snowy and cold. I accidently left the summer blend in my camp kit. It did not start at easily as it had in the summer. How ever due to frozen hands, I didn't string it apart as much as I should've had- FWIW. Might be why my experience with winter/summer blend was visible.
The ARC lighter I don't use, but do own. I will say while my hands were wet, cold, and numb, trying to use a bic lighter inside the small opening on the stove to light the putty was a chore. I may pack the ARC next time and see if it is any easier.

bangarang

FNG
Did anyone ever figure out how well it worked in small packable camp stoves? I’ve been struggling to get SO U-Turn lit for longer than 30 minutes with wood I find out in the mountains

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I'm interested in updates on the arc lighters. Think about getting them for stocking stuffers.

OK here’s an update. I put mine away last November after hunting season, and forgot to charge it this year. Just spaced it. Pulled it out mid October on the mountain, fired right up.

Oh, and it’s tempting to stick your finger in the blue arc because it looks so harmless. Don’t do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lorenzo.a

FNG
View attachment 106678
Hey Roksliders, you should have seen my double video review on this product earlier this year. Pyro Putty firestarter is probably the most unique product I'll test this year. It did very well in my tests and I've hear other success stories since then. Give them a warm Rokslide welcome and consider the product here for your next trip. I know that I won't be using Trioxane anymore.
Here's the video reviews:
Summer Blend with lighter
Winter and Summer Blends with Steel Striker
good job