Welcome to SilencerCo

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Funny I just saw this. I want an Omega 36M for a 338 Fed rifle and others. Hard to find a can that works with a 338 Fed and not built like a tank for 338LM applications. The link on the site on how to order did not work for me. Have an easy online way to go through the process?

We have used one of the 36M's on our CROSS in 338fed and it is a sweet setup! Really quiet, not too heavy.

Last edited:

f16jack

WKR
I've had a Harvester 30cal for seven years now. I use it for my 7mm Rem Mag for hunting.
Since I reload and shoot only for hunting, this Suppressor hasn't had all that many rounds through it.
But...

I was up elk hunting in Wyoming this past fall and saw a big bruiser at 400 yards, broadside. With my setup and marksmanship that should be an easy shot. I dialed in the scope, relaxed my breathing, and let a round go downrange.
I hit the elk, but in the hind quarter. My buddy with me asked what was up?? I reloaded and took a 2nd shot - it missed. And a third. And more. Eventually the elk limped over a ridge at 600 yards, with only 2 of 15 bullets having hit it.
I hiked over the ridge and shot it at close quarters. I had no idea why I had shot so poorly.
A day later I drew a bead on a big mule deer, broadside at 200 yards. I shot twice, with both shots, from a well supported position, clean misses. Obviously my rifle/scope was messed up.
(btw, I slipped 20 minutes lated and had helicopter extract - Youtube:
).
I went to the range a couple of months later when I could walk again, and my rifle was still messed up. A buddy of mine was hitting the steel at 1000 yards, with a muzzle brake on.
I said, "want to see something really cool?," and I screwed my suppressor onto his gun. When he fired his bullet had a distinct ricochet sound, and I watched in the spotting scope as the round hit the ground well left and 200 yards short of the 1000 yard steel.

Sure enough, all bullet deflection was from a baffle strike in my failed suppressor. The missed elk and deer shots, and his errant bullet.

I looked through the suppressor and I could see the metal, halfway up, protruding into the bullet line of flight.

So, I called SilencerCo and then just took the suppressor to them. They rebuilt the core and mailed it back to me in three days.

Great service. But it would be nice to have had it not fail.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I’ve had an omega for 6 years. It actually still measure up pretty well with the more modern cans.

If anyone is listening, the only spec that is starting to lag is weight. It’s about 5oz (30%) heavier than all the Ti cans coming out. I understand that comes with it’s own trade offs.

But an exact (ish) replicate if the omega 300 in Ti and weighing about 9oz would be a killer setup.

jaredg

Lil-Rokslider
I've had a Harvester 30cal for seven years now. I use it for my 7mm Rem Mag for hunting.
Since I reload and shoot only for hunting, this Suppressor hasn't had all that many rounds through it.
But...

I was up elk hunting in Wyoming this past fall and saw a big bruiser at 400 yards, broadside. With my setup and marksmanship that should be an easy shot. I dialed in the scope, relaxed my breathing, and let a round go downrange.
I hit the elk, but in the hind quarter. My buddy with me asked what was up?? I reloaded and took a 2nd shot - it missed. And a third. And more. Eventually the elk limped over a ridge at 600 yards, with only 2 of 15 bullets having hit it.
I hiked over the ridge and shot it at close quarters. I had no idea why I had shot so poorly.
A day later I drew a bead on a big mule deer, broadside at 200 yards. I shot twice, with both shots, from a well supported position, clean misses. Obviously my rifle/scope was messed up.
(btw, I slipped 20 minutes lated and had helicopter extract - Youtube:
).
I went to the range a couple of months later when I could walk again, and my rifle was still messed up. A buddy of mine was hitting the steel at 1000 yards, with a muzzle brake on.
I said, "want to see something really cool?," and I screwed my suppressor onto his gun. When he fired his bullet had a distinct ricochet sound, and I watched in the spotting scope as the round hit the ground well left and 200 yards short of the 1000 yard steel.

Sure enough, all bullet deflection was from a baffle strike in my failed suppressor. The missed elk and deer shots, and his errant bullet.

I looked through the suppressor and I could see the metal, halfway up, protruding into the bullet line of flight.

So, I called SilencerCo and then just took the suppressor to them. They rebuilt the core and mailed it back to me in three days.

Great service. But it would be nice to have had it not fail.
All of my baffle strikes have been user error (my fault). I'm not saying yours was, but it has been my experience that every one of mine was due to a loose can.

That being said, SiCo has warrantied every one, even after me telling them that it was my own fault. Longest I've ever waited was 2 weeks. Most have been back in my hands in under a week.

I have a customer service story that SiCo has asked me not to tell. But it involves them bending over backwards to fix something they they did not need to fix. Imagine worst case scenario...

f16jack

WKR
The suppressor was screwed on tightly, and had no dirt/foreign object in it (as far as I know). Normally when I hunt I place a large balloon over the end to keep out any snow or dirt. We do that routinely on all our barrels when in the field, suppressed or not.
SilencerCo was great at the warranty service and quick turnaround.