Welcome YETI, new Rokslide sponsor

My brother has a 45 that's worthless, the lid warped and doesn't seal at all.
Yeti told him he left in in direct sunlight and told him to get stiffed.
Hes one of the most ocd dudes out there, its always been under the canopy of his truck.

hutty

Lil-Rokslider
Love me some Yeti gear. Well made, built to last and they support conservation groups like RMEF and DU which I am huge supporters of. Have a yeti 65 that is going on 10 years old and has not missed a beat. trips out west, up north, surf fishing, filet board, diaper changing station. Its done it all. Love the back flip!

I wasn’t too impressed with my 65 on my last camping trip.. seems like the ice melted way faster than normal and I was in a lot cooler temperatures than I usually am in Southern AZ.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I wasn’t too impressed with my 65 on my last camping trip.. seems like the ice melted way faster than normal and I was in a lot cooler temperatures than I usually am in Southern AZ.

I loaded my old Roadie at 6am Saturday. I put a Yeti Ice in the bottom, put in all the drinks I could, then threw some ice cubes in from the ice maker. Spent a long day on the river with the temps in the mid 80s and when I was loading up the truck after 6 pm, the ice cubes that had melted from the warm drinks in the top were refrozen on and around the Yeti ice keeping it all a solid block of cold at the bottom of the cooler. I’m not sure how it could have performed any better.

View attachment 105654
Well, it took awhile but YETI has arrived at the Rokslide party. They'll be supporting this place with some product for us to test (watch for @Brock A review on the Backflip in the next few days) and of course participating in the annual cooler shootout with @Travis Bertrand in the coming month. As many know, YETI has moved way beyond hard coolers and is now offering soft & packable coolers, drinkware, bags, cargo solutions, chairs, and accessories. You can even customize the hard coolers and drinkware. Anyone interested in a Rokslide logo'd tumbler? We'll do our best to give feedback on these products as we use them ourselves.

You'll see their banner on the right side of the forums about half-way down (give it a click when you're shopping gear).

And if you want to spend a minute-30 well, check out their featured YETI Anthem video from our homepage:

Man, I was ready to bust a bronc, hook a marlin, cliff jump, and shoot cross-canyon by the end of that. And they respected the beard!!!!

Anyway, give them a Rokslide welcome and consider YETI for your next purchase.
View attachment 105655
Awesome! Only cooler I will use. None of the other big brands come even close to what they do. 5 days in the prairie with ice in a Yeti and in a Pelican. 5 days later the Yeti was still cold and holing 3/4's of the ice and the Pelican was all water.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! Only cooler I will use. None of the other big brands come even close to what they do. 5 days in the prairie with ice in a Yeti and in a Pelican. 5 days later the Yeti was still cold and holing 3/4's of the ice and the Pelican was all water.

Thanks for the feedback, that’s what this place is all about.

Question, do you pre-cool your coolers before you take them out in the field?

I learned from @Travis Bertrand that makes a big difference on these heavily insulated Roto-coolers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loaded my old Roadie at 6am Saturday. I put a Yeti Ice in the bottom, put in all the drinks I could, then threw some ice cubes in from the ice maker. Spent a long day on the river with the temps in the mid 80s and when I was loading up the truck after 6 pm, the ice cubes that had melted from the warm drinks in the top were refrozen on and around the Yeti ice keeping it all a solid block of cold at the bottom of the cooler. I’m not sure how it could have performed any better.
There could have been a couple variables for me but the one that comes to mind is there were more kids on this last trip so maybe it was being opened more than usual. Other than this last trip i haven’t had any complaints.

The Angelo Kid

Lil-Rokslider
A buddy of mine told me about pre-cooling them before I ever owned one. I pre-cool them before any type of use. Just throw some ice out of your kitchen freezer inside it the night before and it makes all the difference in the world. Probably would want a couple bags of sacrificial ice if you are needing to use it for longer trips. They insulate great. Just have to remember that if it was hot inside in the first place it is insulating the heat.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Did Yeti ever clean up their relationship with the NRA?

That was utter BS. Yeti changed the cost structure of what they charged organizations for items. NRA got pissed their stuff wasn’t free anymore and smeared Yeti.

I see a lot of Yeti stuff with the Rocky Mountain Ell Foundation now.