Well as if it couldn’t get any worse!!

PAhntr91

WKR
There I was this Thursday afternoon getting out of work early. I had some time to kill before I picked up the kiddos from school so I stopped by the local range. Things went as normal I let five arrows fly at 40. Then another 4 arrows at 30 yards. I nocked the next arrow. Pulled back and got set at full draw. All of the sudden it sounded like a gun went off and next to thing I knew it felt like I just got the whip across my forearm and shoulder. It was very surprising. Yep my strong had snapped. Opening day for whitetail here is 15 days away. I’m at a loss for words here. I’m gonna try and get it to the shop tonight if not tomorrow. Let’s just say I’m not to happy and my anxiety is through the roof right now. Any one had this experience? Best and worse case? What strings do you recommend? FYI I’m shooting a Mathews helim. 🙏

Attachments

• 435A9A6A-9599-4C4E-9A72-0C46829D24F0.jpeg
    435A9A6A-9599-4C4E-9A72-0C46829D24F0.jpeg
    349.4 KB · Views: 166

Elkhntr08

WKR
New threads for sure, probably new axles and maybe cams. Look the limbs over good.
If it were mine, new limbs too.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Any one had this experience?

In 2018 I was about an inch from a full 32.5" draw when one of my yoke loops broke. New limbs, new cams, new hardware, new string set, and a bandage for my right forearm (LH) where a piece of limb shot down and cut across my forearm.

OP
P

PAhntr91

WKR
Thanks I appreciate the offer I’m gonna head to the shop tomorrow and see what’s going on.. I hoping it won’t be to bad since the one strong is still holding the limbs somewhat together

OP
P

PAhntr91

WKR
Did you figure out what happened? How old was the string?
No I’m not really sure. They strings were original. But I kinda fell out of archery for a few years. Always stored in case we’re waxed in the house., just must be old. Been shooting almost everyday for the passed few months haven’t noticed any wear on the string. Maybe just got brittle? Hurt like hell though

Pm if you need it. Looking like your 4-4.5 hrs away.

Might be fine but I'm guessing your going to be 10 days out on getting a string. I don't know anyone who isn't backed up making strings right now. Hopefully axles, cams, and limbs are ok. If it was that violent I have my doubts.

Like I said come on down and I can have you fitted to something and tuned in a few hours. Only charge you a few ciders and you can ship it back to me once your done.

Pm if you need it. Looking like your 4-4.5 hrs away.

Might be fine but I'm guessing your going to be 10 days out on getting a string. I don't know anyone who isn't backed up making strings right now. Hopefully axles, cams, and limbs are ok. If it was that violent I have my doubts.

Like I said come on down and I can have you fitted to something and tuned in a few hours. Only charge you a few ciders and you can ship it back to me once your done.

What an awesome offer. I have nothing to add but to point out this mans generosity. This is what it’s all about right here.

Reactions: ZDR
OP
P

PAhntr91

WKR
I do appreciate it man.. I’ll shoot you a message tomorrow. See what they have to say..

RemiR7

Lil-Rokslider
What an awesome offer. I have nothing to add but to point out this mans generosity. This is what it’s all about right here.
I will add @Billy Goat found me a pack of broadheads that I was wanting to try and online we’re back ordered and nothing in the local area. He picked me up a pack and mailed them to me. Genuine guy and a hell of a offer.