Well crap! Draw board mishap.

Using a scale on a drawboard is the best way to measure peak hold and letoff. Those hand held units can vary based on how past you pull and how hard you hit the wall. As long as you are consistent every time it will give you repeatable results, but I can make them vary. A hanging scale can be a little scary trying to come off the back wall as the cam snaps.

Just unfortunate the scale gave up the ghost. I use spring scales, probably not any safer, but makes me feel better.

I use a China one from Amazon rated at 500#. Looks like I will be adding a security cable around mine in case it blows up. Glad you are safe and all is no worse

OP
87TT

87TT

WKR
A side note. I got the new October Mountain scale today. First impression was Wow! This thing is beefy. I could probably tow my car with it. Not really but it was :heavy duty". Then I put the batteries in and turned it on. It cycled up and said "HI". Which is the message for overload. I also did not come with instructions. Too late to call today so I'll try tomorrow.