Well crap....now what?

Wrench

WKR
I had a tough season on my two favorite colder weather boots. I somehow ripped the soles off of two pairs of boots this last week chasing elk around.

My meindl perfekt and a highly beloved pair of mountain hunter asymmetricals.....both are toast. I tried to buy some time with barge cement the good stuff with toluene and manged to make a couple of days.

So now here I am with 40 more days to hunt and I'm going to be gluing stuff together to make the season.

If you were in the market for a wide toe box boot to clear heavy socks, need as much warmth as possible (I'm an enormous pussy when it comes to foot warmth) and want sole stiffness and support similar to the above, lowa ticam...etc. what would you look at?

I'm thinking lowa superwarm, meindl kibo.....what else?

I'd like 400ish grams of insulation, or some plutonium to help with the cold toes.

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
I have a pair of Crispis but I like my cold weather boots to have more toe box width. Do you have any experience with other Crispi boots in regards to fit?

wildcat33

WKR
The Schnees granite or similar (whatever one has the amount of insulation you want) are great. I have the Granite IV 600gr and they are rock solid cold hunting boots in any terrain. I even climbed Shasta in them (with no break in).

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Once November hit I almost always wore my Sorel pac boots for elk hunting because it was always colder than heck and normally had snow on the ground. You sacrifice a little on support but they have a great toe box with plenty of room, and I'm not sure I've worn a more comfortable pair of boots.

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
Can't help with the boots. I've use Gear-Aid Freesole adhesive with high success! Reglued the soles on my boots this year and it held up great! My water sandals are going on 4 years now with the stuff. Shoe Goo failed almost immediately...the Gear-Aid is awesome!

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
Once November hit I almost always wore my Sorel pac boots for elk hunting because it was always colder than heck and normally had snow on the ground. You sacrifice a little on support but they have a great toe box with plenty of room, and I'm not sure I've worn a more comfortable pair of boots.

I have a pair of Hoffman and whites pacs that will work....but I can't scramble in these like my old reliables.

Firemedic710

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of Crispis but I like my cold weather boots to have more toe box width. Do you have any experience with other Crispi boots in regards to fit?
They fit just like the Nevada do. Perfect with thicker wool socks for me.
I own the Colorado and briksdale and are much wider then both of those.

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
They fit just like the Nevada do. Perfect with thicker wool socks for me.
I own the Colorado and briksdale and are much wider then both of those.
Ever had a guide on? I have a pair of crispi guides and they're just a bit narrow for me in winter.

Firemedic710

Lil-Rokslider
The guides and Nevada fit the same for me so it sounds like the wild rock might be a bit narrow for you. They do offer it in a ee size. Not sure how much wider they are though

Talk to the Meindl guys in Sidney, NE...former Cabelas employees that handle Meindl USA now. They should know what fits like the Perfect Hunter( which is my favorite boot too).

Also, Crispi had a booth at the BC Wild Sheep Convention a couple yrs ago. In chatting with them, they said they had a boot that fit like the Meindl Perfect Hunter too. Don't remember what it was called, as I am stocked up on Perfects Hunters and Hikers from when Cabelas was discounting them to 1/2 and finally 1/3 of retail price after they quit handling them. Good luck!

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
I had a tough season on my two favorite colder weather boots. I somehow ripped the soles off of two pairs of boots this last week chasing elk around.

My meindl perfekt and a highly beloved pair of mountain hunter asymmetricals.....both are toast. I tried to buy some time with barge cement the good stuff with toluene and manged to make a couple of days.

So now here I am with 40 more days to hunt and I'm going to be gluing stuff together to make the season.

If you were in the market for a wide toe box boot to clear heavy socks, need as much warmth as possible (I'm an enormous pussy when it comes to foot warmth) and want sole stiffness and support similar to the above, lowa ticam...etc. what would you look at?

I'm thinking lowa superwarm, meindl kibo.....what else?

I'd like 400ish grams of insulation, or some plutonium to help with the cold toes.
I have the Lowa Tibet Superwarms and I am very happy with them. I added a winter insole and wear a sock liner, winter Smartwool sock, and if it is below zero, I sometimes add disposable foot warmer insoles. Even with all of that stuff, I have plenty of room in the boots, but my feet are pretty low volume.

Also, they were pretty comfortable right out of the box.