Well crap

rhendrix

WKR
I got busy with life and never put in for a unit (or points) in CO. So I've gotta pin my hopes on pulling a tag in UT or buying a OTC tag in ID, are there any other options I'm missing or not thinking about at the moment? I'm planning on putting in for a preference point in WY and debating about putting in for the draw in Arizona as well but I can only hunt the last two weeks of August or the first two weeks of September, so hunting in the rut in AZ may have to wit until some other time.

shaun

WKR
ID special draw is coming up still than deer and elk are to follow if I remember right. I could be wrong my brain has been zapped remembering dates for UT,CO,NV,AZ, and CA but there are still a few draws coming up

Not sure what options you're looking for, but there's other options if you're just looking to hunt. Colorado and New Mexico landowner tags can be relatively cheap for certain units and certain seasons. Idaho, Oregon, Washington, California, and Arizona draws are still available. Then there are OTC tags available in ID and AZ.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
I hadn't considered OR, WA, or CA as options. Thanks. I'll look into them.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Joe, I just can't justify the cost of an elk/deer combo right now, I don't think I could justify a landowner tag anywhere, but for the sake of looking, where is a good resource to find a LO tag at?

If worse comes to worse I'm just gonna hunt OTC in CO for elk, at the very least I'd end up having a PP in MT, WY, and UT...really kicking myself for not being on the ball with my application for CO though...ugh!

ceng

Lil-Rokslider
Oregon archery is OTC for most of the state. I believe you can buy them up until the day before the season starts. I could be wrong it's been a few years since I've hunted there.

Rizzy

WKR
Idaho has a limited early rifle tag for deer in unit 39 that fits your mid aug to mid sept time frame :)
My 2nd choices would be early Elk and Deer in unit 27 (middle fork zone)

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Idaho archery mule deer OTC opens August 30th and runs until Sept 30th in most units if that helps.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Robby, Idaho is at the top of my list actually, torn between there and elk OTC in Colorado. Decisions, decisions.