Well I bought an E-bike

Not for hunting though, sorry to disappoint.

Moving to Oahu in July, and pretty much anywhere you live off base is a minimum 30 min commute, that's the standard price of entry. Up to 60 min on the longer end. Hawaii still has pretty nonexistent e-bike laws, so they are allowed on all public roadways and bike paths/lanes, so I figure I can make it in the same amount of time on an e-bike and not pay anything in gas. Uncle Sam can generously charge it up for me as I can just charge it at the office every day. Will help to avoid the highest gas prices in the US.

Picked up a Juiced Bikes RipCurrent S as they were on sale today. With an extended warranty and a phone mount the price comes out to about 160 round-trip commutes by rough calculations to pay it off just in gas savings. Seems pretty cool anyway, 70+ mile range and up to 28 mph with pedal assist. Not likely this will play much of a role in Oahu pig and goat hunting though as I think mountain biking is not allowed on most public land there. But one can dream of E-bike hunting some day...

Last edited:

Rob5589

WKR
I can think of far worse commutes than enjoying a bike ride in some HI weather. You're right, for as small as Oahu is, the traffic is horrendous. Too many people in too small a place.