WTS Well...I got scammed

Brendan

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This dirtbag has been around. He got me on a WTB ad for a scope on another forum where he got 2 other members. I've disputed the transaction with my bank as I used Zelle through the bank. We'll see...

Can you do us a favor and report back on this one? I've always been under the impression that Zelle was good for sellers, bad for buyers (No recourse...)

gdc23

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you guys got together and presented all the evidence of several ongoing scams to the local and state police in his area ?

Fatcamp

WKR
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
These king make it hard on new guys to these sites no one trust us. I can understand why .I dont do pay pal so some guys dont like that OLD School
Using proper grammar while posting will go a long way towards building trust on the site. One of the hallmarks of scammers is their inability to type and message correctly.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have bought and sold a lot of stuff on here and I leave feedbacks,I have only one that has been left for me.Guys should take a minute and start using that tool.
Good luck

aidan_downey

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I can't believe some people could stoop that low. I am looking to sell my first few items and it's tough not having any credit or feedback but I don't blame people when crap like this goes in! I can't believe someone would do this. No moral compass. Sorry to see it man. You would think people would have just a shred of honor.

antelopedundee

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I can post the information he gave me. At this point though, I'd be willing to bet that it's not "his" information, you know?

I figured that my bank would somehow be able to see where the check was cashed, and I could someone use that information to track the guy down. My bank isn't able to see that information apparently.

I'll probably talk to the police and see what they say. I have the address I sent the check to, but it could have been a dead guys address (like mail-in ballots) for all I know.

If he actually deposited your check then deposit info should be on the back if your bank lets you see the images.
If he scanned it in with a phone app you're probably SOL.

gdc23

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The scammer I dealt with had previous posts discussing the stock market etc.. His PM to me was very well written.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Can you do us a favor and report back on this one? I've always been under the impression that Zelle was good for sellers, bad for buyers (No recourse...)
Bank/Zelle just closed my dispute and offered no recourse on this scam.

@North Woods any updates on your end? hope you had some luck

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Any updates on this? Did you get your money back?

Having been scammed myself (not on here) a few years ago, I feel for you and hope for the best! I got taken for the cost of a very nice boat (>$13K) about 4 years ago and never saw a cent back. I went thru all the reporting channels I could find (IC3, police department, etc) and only got a response from my local PD. The officer who called me had reviewed all the paperwork I sent him (purchase agreement, invoice, payment info, etc) and said he wasn't sure it was a scam and to just wait longer. I'm still waiting for it to arrive I guess... Never heard a thing from FBI, etc.

If it crossed state lines that makes it federal felony - no laughing matter. File an IC3 Report online and the jurisdiction is the FBI. They will coordinate local law enforcement to investigate. Ive done it and it worked fast. Dude it dumb as f$&k if you sent him a check and he cashed it... hes facing years in prison and tracking him will be easy for the feds.
My experience with IC3 was that it's a black hole. Maybe it'd have been different if I lost millions, but thousands and tens of thousands of dollars seems to be small potatoes to them. I'd still file the report but wouldn't expect anything to be done.

Bank/Zelle just closed my dispute and offered no recourse on this scam.

@North Woods any updates on your end? hope you had some luck
Using Zelle is like handing someone cash on the street. This is true with wire transfers too (how I sent payment). I had no idea that sending a wire transfer from Bank of America to JPMorgan Chase Bank had zero protections or recourse. Expensive lesson learned... Sorry that it worked out that way for you as well! It's a sickening feeling for sure.

Moserkr

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@JLane330 I guess I was lucky when I used the IC3 report. Local sheriff called me the next day and said he was given the case by the FBI. Told me he was on his way to the guy’s business, a used car dealership. I had ordered a $1200 lift kit for my jeep, had the money back in a week. Took me a year to figure out how to go after him, but I was young n dumb. Sheriff said the guy was a POS. This was also in Texas so maybe they do things different down there. Rough country also dropped him as a dealer when i contacted them.

Hope the OP gets his money back or justice at the minimum.

swisski

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've literally been corresponding all day with him:

Name: Kenneth Dorr
Address: 65 South Brewer Drive, Brewer, ME 04412.

He would not accept PayPal which was my first red flag. I haven't read through all 7 pages here, but I'd like to add this information to whoever I need to report it too.

Rodéo

WKR
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

He would not accept PayPal which was my first red flag. I haven't read through all 7 pages here, but I'd like to add this information to whoever I need to report it too.
On this forum? Please reply with the username he's using and the thread you contacted him about. Also use the report function to let the admins know.

swisski

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On this forum? Please reply with the username he's using and the thread you contacted him about. Also use the report function to let the admins know.

This was on the Monster Muleys forum classifieds. He was going by the username veroxmulley

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
@JLane330 I guess I was lucky when I used the IC3 report. Local sheriff called me the next day and said he was given the case by the FBI. Told me he was on his way to the guy’s business, a used car dealership. I had ordered a $1200 lift kit for my jeep, had the money back in a week. Took me a year to figure out how to go after him, but I was young n dumb. Sheriff said the guy was a POS. This was also in Texas so maybe they do things different down there. Rough country also dropped him as a dealer when i contacted them.

Hope the OP gets his money back or justice at the minimum.
Interesting, this is the first time I've heard of anyone getting a response after an IC3 report being filed. When I went thru my ordeal, I was contacted by several other guys who had been taken as well (for similar money, a few much more), and not one had seen anything out of FBI or IC3.

Moserkr

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@JLane330 It happened in 2005ish?, so that may have something to do with it too. It was before the internet really blew up, and there was a lot less going on for them to deal with case load wise. I dont have a lot of faith in the justice system anymore, and see that theres definitely tiers for those with a lot of money and for those without.

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
@JLane330 It happened in 2005ish?, so that may have something to do with it too. It was before the internet really blew up, and there was a lot less going on for them to deal with case load wise. I dont have a lot of faith in the justice system anymore, and see that theres definitely tiers for those with a lot of money and for those without.
No, 2016. Sadly, my faith in the justice system is about nil these days.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0

This guy is bold. The Brewer police already paid him a visit (in this thread).

@North Woods has been in contact with the Brewer PD - there's an officer there who is handling his case. I would suggest you contact North Woods or Brewer PD directly to report he's still out there scamming people.