WTS Well...I got scammed

Linkovich

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Wondering would using paypal have prevented this? Sorry to the OP, let us know if you catch him!

PayPal’s refund policies are a joke, on top of that they will for sure not honor anything firearm related. I believe they’ll even cancel the transaction if they find out funds are being transferred for firearms

fatbacks

WKR
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
This is why I think giving transaction feedback on the website is all the more important. You can’t see it on Tapatalk but it’s right under your name on the website.

Sorry to hear about the scam. I just sold a rifle on here and I thought to myself it takes a leap of faith to send someone a chunk of change hoping they send you what you paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ive found PayPal to be very helpful whenever ive had issues selling or buying stuff over the years. I even sold an OTF knife on ebay and got flagged but they still let the sale go through after i called them. With guns or ammo however, i highly doubt they would be helpful and im sure they would shut your account down.

Missahba

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
On somewhat of a related note, I've been thinking for some time of what it would take to set up an 'escrow' service business. Somewhere a buyer could send the funds and the seller send the merchandise and the 'escrow' agent would then process the transaction. I know it would require some type of inventory management system, bonding, etc., but the bigger question is: what would folks be likely to pay for that service and could it be profitable? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
You could do it. But only handling the money. Buyer and seller sign your agreement form. Buyer sends you money that you deposit. When you confirm to seller the funds are clear in your possession seller ships goods. When buyer confirms to you satisfactory receipt, you release funds to seller.

rodney482

WKR
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I can post the information he gave me. At this point though, I'd be willing to bet that it's not "his" information, you know?

I figured that my bank would somehow be able to see where the check was cashed, and I could someone use that information to track the guy down. My bank isn't able to see that information apparently.

I'll probably talk to the police and see what they say. I have the address I sent the check to, but it could have been a dead guys address (like mail-in ballots) for all I know.
Call your state police.

OP
North Woods
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call your state police.
So far I’ve filed two reports with the local PD and the PD in the city that I sent the check to. I’m going to file a report, or at least contact the State Police in the “sellers” state. I filed a report on the IC3.org website. Might follow up with a phone call to the local FBI office near the “seller”.

I’m gonna do anything I can to get this guy nailed to a barn door and f’d by the bull.

Either way, lesson learned on my end.

archp625

WKR
Rating - 92.9%
13   1   0
Dang man. I’m so sorry and is a huge fear of mine. Do you know what his post count was. I like to think the higher the post count they are legit. I could be wrong though.

CorbLand

WKR
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
That sucks man.

A forum I use to frequent offered a service for people doing high end sales. Basically, for a fee, you mailed the items to one of the moderators. Once he received everything, he sent it out to the parties. I have thought it wouldn't be bad thing to do here. Guns maybe a little difficult but it could work with binos. I think they charged shipping and 10% of the transaction.

Pisses me off that we throw 20 year olds in jail for smoking pot but yet police do nothing when someone steals shit. I had 1000 bucks worth of duck hunting stuff stolen. Found the kid that did it and the police screwed up the paperwork and all they told me was sorry. They were pretty proud of themselves for busting a party with 20 year olds drinking a month of so later though.

Broomd

WKR
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I got scammed out of $1200 this week ....

Nothing to do now but get over it, I guess. Really disappointed. My fault, I guess?
Stay safe out there

Tucker
Plenty you can do, Tucker.
Post everything you can about this creep, we want to know.

Call his local sheriff, State Police ... I would not give up on this for a second.

CorbLand

WKR
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Dang man. I’m so sorry and is a huge fear of mine. Do you know what his post count was. I like to think the higher the post count they are legit. I could be wrong though.
This works but sometimes accounts get hacked. I have seen that happen a couple times. Someone that has years of posts and feedback gets their account hacked and in a day or two someone scams a bunch of people.

archp625

WKR
Rating - 92.9%
13   1   0
This works but sometimes accounts get hacked. I have seen that happen a couple times. Someone that has years of posts and feedback gets their account hacked and in a day or two someone scams a bunch of people.
Dang. They are getting too smart for their own good. I look at round count. But now sounds like that’s not even a good indicator.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Nothing from anyone from here, but i was scammed out of about $65 from a company called Drill Laser. It is a laser in 9mm that goes into the chamber to practice drawing weapon and aiming. Received a tracking number and everything. this was 02/02/21. I have sent numerous emails and they said it will be sent in a couple days. still nothing. They then offered a 5% discount for the trouble but at this point i dont even want the product. I just want a full refund. I went to their facebook page and apparently it has happened to more than one person. After looking at the webpage, idk how i fell for it.

OP
North Woods
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I think giving transaction feedback on the website is all the more important. You can’t see it on Tapatalk but it’s right under your name on the website.

Sorry to hear about the scam. I just sold a rifle on here and I thought to myself it takes a leap of faith to send someone a chunk of change hoping they send you what you paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This guy had feedback. After looking into it more (after the fact) all of the accounts that gave him feedback were also deleted. It’s a risk associated with this type of transaction. I’ve had several transactions go the right way. I got bit this time. I’ll still do everything I can to rectify the situation. ITS STILL A CRIME, so some type of law enforcement agency should follow through on it.
Plenty you can do, Tucker.
Post everything you can about this creep, we want to know.

Call his local sheriff, State Police ... I would not give up on this for a second.
I’m about to head into work. I’ll definitely post updates later on. So far, the Brewer, ME Police Department sent an officer over to the address I sent the check to. A 79 year old man lives there with his 75 year old wife. They said they didn’t know anything about it. Turns out (through some Facebook and google searching) this guy has a son living a few towns over. I’m thinking the son is using his parents address to receive the check while not physically living there himself. I don’t know. I’m no detective.

I will be contacting the state police as well. I’ve filed a police report in my town and in Brewer, ME. I’d like to get my money back (dreaming) but I’d love to see this guy go to jail even more.