Well…. I’m a Wyoming Landowner now.

Marble

WKR
@cnelk so it's off grid... im interested in what your plans for water, power etc are. I don't know much about it but I think it's bad ass!!

Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
@cnelk so it's off grid... im interested in what your plans for water, power etc are. I don't know much about it but I think it's bad ass!!

Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Like I mentioned earlier, get the driveway put it first.

Then I can get started on the cabin. I have it drawn out in CAD, and have my material list and costs all put together.

I salvaged three 4’x4’ windows from a remodel project that I will reuse. That saved over $600.

I’ve already built an outhouse and taken it apart so it’s ready to transport and set up again.

As far as electricity, it will be solar generated.

Water will be hauled until I can witch a spot to hopefully put in a sand point well with a pitcher pump.

I have enough extra camping gear kicking around to stock the cabin with cots, propane lanterns, and coolers for immediate use.

That’s the plan for now.

If anyone is interested, I can update my progress on this thread.

BadDogPSD

WKR
Nice area! I keep going back & forth between SD & WY... wife wants SW MT. So we will likely end up in Montana!

Shraggs

WKR

Then I can get started on the cabin. I have it drawn out in CAD, and have my material list and costs all put together.

I salvaged three 4’x4’ windows from a remodel project that I will reuse. That saved over $600.

I’ve already built an outhouse and taken it apart so it’s ready to transport and set up again.

Water will be hauled until I can witch a spot to hopefully put in a sand point well with a pitcher pump.

I have enough extra camping gear kicking around to stock the cabin with cots, propane lanterns, and coolers for immediate use.

That’s the plan for now.

I’d be very interested in your cabin and resources use. I enjoy homestead rescue and dream of doing just what you are!

wytx

WKR

That’s the plan for now.

Have you driven through White Rock to see what some folks have built OTG there? It is quite impressive some of the houses folks have with solar and back up generators. Take a drive through as our guest some time, pm me if interested.

Following, building off-grid this year, looking at a 1000 W solar system to run security cams, led lights, etc.

Roger17

Lil-Rokslider
I'm definitely interested in following your progress. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

frogman43

FNG
Congratulations!!! Sometime in the near future I hope to be making a similar statement!

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
Well, I got stuff started.
I hauled up the floor structure materials along with the outhouse.

First day I completed the cabin sub-structure.

Second day I got the outhouse installed, mowed grass and got the driveway layed out.

All solo ;)

Last edited:
OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
Accessible all seasons?
Well, I have snowshoes and a snowmobile if necessary 😂

The 12x24 Cabin is built on three 6x6s skids. That way I can move it in the future if I want to.