Well, I'm not talking shit about bowtech ever again

Brendan

WKR
Have either of those bows blown up on you (just throwing string off) with out breaking limbs before they exploded?

I've heard of it happening, I believe it was a thing with older bowtechs. Torque the bow too much during the draw or at full draw and the string could derail. I believe certain bows have/had cam grooves that weren't deep enough.

I've heard of it happening, I believe it was a thing with older bowtechs. Torque the bow too much during the draw or at full draw and the string could derail. I believe certain bows have/had cam grooves that weren't deep enough.

I have seen several Mathews do it. The newer models have really deep string grooves in the cams now.

OP
bsnedeker

bsnedeker

WKR
Have either of those bows blown up on you (just throwing string off) with out breaking limbs before they exploded?
Never happened on this bow, but I have heard of that. My buddy has an old bowtech 360 RPM that did once.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Elkhntr08

WKR
Snapped 2 risers on Hoyts back in the late 80’s. Was a dealer back then, so they replaced them very quickly.
I’ve only had one other issue since then. Upper limb on a Elite Pure jumper the rockers and burgers up, also taken care of.
No issues in the past 7 years or so.

Slim Jim

WKR
My Hoyt upper cam just snapped off of the axle last week during a draw back. It’s an RX-3 so it isn’t old. This incident is my final straw with Hoyt. I’ve had so many issues with Hoyts. I’ll be shopping all the new releases coming out right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fine, although my hat got blown back about ten feet. I was halfway through my draw when the chaos occurred.

Looks like one of the limbs split. String and cables are fine, cams look fine as well. It's a 2016 Defiant Turbo. I think I'm going to use this as an excuse to get a less aggressive, more forgiving bow.
70d4c1e70218b0b06d09b5776fb3701c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
knocked a sock off even!

Elkhntr08

WKR
Both were Pro Vantage Hunter bows, both 80#s and shooting 2013 arrows. Both my fault. Both snapped at the shelf. First one did nothing, second knocked my hat off and hit my left elbow. Wasn’t giving it a third shot. Had them build me a Pro Force Extreme.

Both were Pro Vantage Hunter bows, both 80#s and shooting 2013 arrows. Both my fault. Both snapped at the shelf. First one did nothing, second knocked my hat off and hit my left elbow. Wasn’t giving it a third shot. Had them build me a Pro Force Extreme.

The 80's were a different time. It kinda seems like compounds were expected to blow up. I know a guy who shot for Jennings and he has some tales. He shoots a stick bow now, got tired of it all.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04