Well it finally happened... wolf attack in MN

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member

Shrek

WKR
The only reason wolf attacks on people are rare is that in modern times wolves have been rare and heavily hunted. As they expand and move into suburban transition areas there will be more attacks. Reestablishing wolves is like releasing serial killers from prison. It's not a question of if they will kill someone it's a question of when.

bnsafe

WKR
scary, that's the lake we stayed at when I went bear hunting up there a couple years ago. we all saw wolves while we were bear hunting an you could hear them all over at night. ive got really good video of one of them

Gives me pause. Not really paranoid about myself, but definitely concerned about the kids. Especially the youngest. Don't want to chain them down in camp, don't feel comfortable with them roaming. At least not roaming like I did as a kid.

MAT

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone else not buying into the argument the wolf had a deformed jaw and couldn't kill "large" prey? Wouldn’t a 16 year old boy be “large” prey? There have to be better/easier things for a wolf to eat in a campground if it needed to.

Grey Man

FNG
Anyone else not buying into the argument the wolf had a deformed jaw and couldn't kill "large" prey? Wouldn’t a 16 year old boy be “large” prey? There have to be better/easier things for a wolf to eat in a campground if it needed to.

Well, they aren't sure it's the same wolf. Seems to me that they probably aren't.

Gotta protect our place on top of the food chain. This will only get worse.