Well my hunt for this fall is done before it got started

Luked

WKR
Wife gave me the money to put in for a Antelope hunt in CO with a buddy come this oct. Never been out west so was pretty excited to get out there.
Feb 27th came and we were getting ready to head out of town for the weekend and got a call from a Co worker.
They are shutting our factory down the end of May so come the end of may I'm out of a job. So now ill have to start all over somewhere else.
so my fall hunting just went down the toilet. pretty frustrating and a hard thing to swallow considering that I have worked my tail off for the last 8 years to get to the point I am at, and now I have to start all over somewhere else..3 weeks vacation time gone also.

OFFHNTN

WKR
Wife gave me the money to put in for a Antelope hunt in CO with a buddy come this oct. Never been out west so was pretty excited to get out there.
Feb 27th came and we were getting ready to head out of town for the weekend and got a call from a Co worker.
They are shutting our factory down the end of May so come the end of may I'm out of a job. So now ill have to start all over somewhere else.
so my fall hunting just went down the toilet. pretty frustrating and a hard thing to swallow considering that I have worked my tail off for the last 8 years to get to the point I am at, and now I have to start all over somewhere else..3 weeks vacation time gone also.

Sorry man! The EXACT same thing happened to me last fall, after 24 years they shut their doors and I was on my own to find another job. I had some HUGE hunts planned for this year (one was a NWT Dall sheep/moose combo) that I had to back out of, luckily I got my deposit back.
I decided to start my own business, which has been slow to get off the ground over the winter, savings account is all but dried up, and now this damn virus.....can't plan any hunts for a while.
Hang in there, it will get better!

Sorry to hear this. I know this is happening all over the country. Maybe it’s time to find a new job closer to the good hunting? Might be something cool to look forward to...

Broomd

WKR
Man, that really bites.

Take stock in your blessings, it won't replace those hunt plans, but with all hell breakin' loose it might offer some perspective. Those hunts will be there down the line.

Start the new job search now before things start improving.

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
I am really sorry to hear about this for you. Not just because you have to cancel your hunt but also because off derailing everything else. Hopefully you will come out of this on the backend better off in your future.

Paraiso

FNG
I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. Keep your head up and keep driving on. You'll pull through this and end up stronger and better off.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'm really sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to any guy or gal that works hard to provide for their family, who also has dreams they look forward to all year, and they have that way of income taken away from them. That is a hard pill to swallow. I am a 3rd generation coal miner, so I have seen a fair share of layoffs and hard times that have left people I care deeply about without a job, I have a soft spot for anyone in those shoes.

I'm terrible at being optimistic when facing hard times, so I'd be a hypocrite if I told you to look for the silver lining. I personally tend to get very mad and bitter at the world (which I am by no means recommending). Luckily I have an incredible wife who is the polar opposite of me and she does a good job at showing me the all the things I have to be grateful for and keeping me level headed.

All that to say, I hope things turn around for you. Lean on those close to you. Hopefully all this chaos turns around soon.

Rob5589

WKR
Damn, sorry to hear. I imagine the job market is tough right now in many segments.

Well, its quite likely there will be a lot of hunts cancelled this year due to the virus situation but all is not lost. The animals will be of higher quality and more plentiful the following season. Its easy to look at your situation and feel down about it, but to be sure, there are a lot of people in worse situations that are so bad that if you were aware of them you would feel pretty lucky.....for example the nearly 3000 American families that lost a loved one to this horrible virus. Count your blessings.

I feel your pain. The company I worked for 25 years went bankrupt and I had my 401K in their stock. Starting over ain't easy and nobody said it would be fun or without pains. Hope you come across a better job than the one you had.

Many blessings to you and your family! One door closes and another opens for the man seeking opportunity and willing to work hard!

zacattack

WKR

Hang in there. I’ve been let go three times in my life and each one I’ve come out better than before.

Thunderer

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry to hear that. I write a lot of resumes as part of my career, so If you want/need help writing or updating your resume, feel free to drop me a PM.

AKBorn

WKR
Hang in there - I am sure you navigated a bunch of hurdles during the past 8 years that you mentioned. While losing your job may be bigger than any of them - you developed resiliency over that time that will get you through this. And sounds like you have a good family, which is a tremendous comfort during tough times.

Best of luck, and look forward to hearing a great story when you come out on the other side of all this.

hmmm...take your three week vacation now. Might as well.

This is why the Rokslide community is awesome. Lots of encouraging words above, keep plugging away man. If going west isn’t in the cards maybe grind it out locally scouting and find a giant close to home, my wife is getting her hours cut back and I don’t know where it’ll put us financially come September when I plan on heading west. My side hustle is fishing charters it pays for my hunting and I don’t see it being a good season for that but we’ll see what happens. Hope you find something soon