Well, no pressure now.

TSnave

FNG
My wife does a lot of work with local ranchers on conservation projects. A few months ago she ordered half a hog from one of the local guys. Last month he called up and asked if she wanted a whole one instead. Today the meat freezer looks like this:
PXL_20221006_000432078.MP.jpg
And she talked to another one who needed to find a home for half a beef, which is coming in February.

Fortunately we have another big chest freezer to take the beef and anything I take this year. But I'm feeling a definite lack of pressure to harvest game.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
I’ll be a good WKR friend and take half that bacon off of you now and ribeyes when you get the beef. God I miss ribeyes!!

jayhawk

WKR
Oooh that looks good! Now that the pressure is off just get out there and enjoy looking at animals!

Rob5589

WKR
Picking up a 1/4 this week. Prices are up a good amount from a few years ago but still better than store bought. Better quality as well.

Rich M

WKR
We get a cow whenever a buddy who raises cows needs to get rid of one. Had to upgrade to a bigger chest freezer.

Yup - takes the edge off "needing" to kill game for meat.

Nick992

Lil-Rokslider
What a great problem to have!
Just need to eat more, or better yet, have a party

SWOHTR

WKR
I cut these today from 1/2 a beef for a customer.
Not to hijack the thread, but can you please explain the allure to leaving that big ass bone attached? It seems so impractical, like it's just another way for a neutered man to attempt to express any remaining shred of masculinity while holed up in Suburbia...

It’s the type of cut it is. It’s called a tomahawk ribeye. Cut between each rib bone making a really thick ribeye. The long bone serves no purpose just like it serves no purpose on a French cut leg of lamb or French cut rack of lamb. It’s only for looks and giving it a different name so it can be sold for a higher amount.