Well...shit

rhendrix

WKR
Bounced the top limb of my bow off a rock Monday morning coming down. Spent all day getting it fixed and sighted back in, parked at the trail head and slept there last night, woke up at 6 and took a couple of practice shots and heard a loud crack, there's no cracks visible on the laminate but I'm afraid to draw it back. I don't have a week or two to wait for new limbs, what the hell should I do here.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Muleman, Ryan (I think that's his name) fixed it up for me yesterday, filed down and glued the existing crack. I'm waiting for them to open right now and I'm gonna give him a call.

muleman

WKR
Is the bow a Hoyt? If so they are in SLC and may be able to help you out.

Hoyt Archery
593 North Wright Brothers Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84116
(801) 363-2990

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Yeah I calked them first thing yesterday, they pointed me to Wilde arrow, she said they couldn't do repairs in house, was just told the same thing by a guy a few minutes ago.

muleman

WKR
Wonder if you could get limbs quicker if Wilde Arrow called into them explaining the situation.

What is your draw length and weight?

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
28.5, 73#, guys at Wilde arrow gave me the timeline for new limbs.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Shrek, you don't know the half of it dude, my Tenzing 5000 is giving me fits (zippers not closing, straps breaking), my boots blew out on the way down (see below), and now this shit. I'm flipping frustrated as hell.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377011606.418010.jpg

Is 9:15 to early in the morning for a beer?

muleman

WKR
Sorry buddy, I'm all out of ideas. Unless someone has a spare bow they will lend you or you burn some plastic on a new bow.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Wife shot down the new bow idea already, I'm just hoping these guys at Wilde Arrow can help me figure something out.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Rodney, is the tape just in case they blow up so they don't go through my arm?

rodney482

WKR
Rodney, is the tape just in case they blow up so they don't go through my arm?

Yep.. It wont explode that way.

duct tape will also work but has shine.

this is what I would do if I did not have anyway to get limbs or a new bow.

shoot a few arrows and head out.

more than likely you will only shoot it 1 more time on the hunt

jmez

WKR
You should be able to have new limbs in a day? If it happened over the weekend a phone call on Monday would have them there today???

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Jmez, I'm just going with what the pro shop said. I've offered to go pick them up from Hoyt but Hoyt says no deal.

Sunspot

WKR
Wow you are eating a serious crap sandwich! Try to keep it positive. FWIW - that model Lowa doesn't last worth a darn. I wore the soles off mine in 3 weeks of scouting...took them back to REI.