Well, that just gives hunters a bad name......Why!?

I read this somewhere and it does make some sense to me.

Joe Nimrod crosses a fence and shoots a "critter" gets busted for the umteenth time OR the first time. We state "he gives us hunters a bad name."

Change the game..

Larry on the other side of town drives too fast and runs over someone's prized chickens.
Do we all say "he gives all us town drivers a bad name".

No we do not.
So why when some Jack*** who shoots a weapon or kills something he is not suppose to do we believe we shoulder the blame. Hmm?? Who started this dumping all hunters into one batch no matter the weapon choice just because you are a HUNTER?

dotman

WKR
Because we all feel like the anti's are just looking for ammo to paint us bad, I don't know of any anti driving groups but heck PETA would probably sue the driver.

7mag.

WKR
Because that is how the media portrays it. Hunters, gun owners, etc., are under the watchful eye of those who don't like what we stand for and are looking for any little bit of evidence to prove how horrible we are.

tstowater

WKR
Rick, it is not what we (Roksliders) think of these people that counts. I'm guessing this group would be pretty much on the same page, but it is what the rest of the non-hunting world who either is against us or doesn't otherwise care, thinks when those deals happen. Cars have redeeming features even if some drivers don't, whereas hunters don't necessarily fit in the same category. I'm always concerned about the image that I portray to the non-hunting group as their support makes our lives easier to do what we want.

I love the responses guys!!! It's easier for the anti's to group us ALL into the same category as "wrong-doers", "law-breakers", "KILLERS". Put any word or phrase with it that you want. Back home for me I am "normal" I am part of the MAJORITY. Ever since I left home out of high school I have been part of a minority. Scrutinized for every little thing and lumped into a category with everyone that we read about in the papers hunting unethically. It's the easy thing to do for them!! We know the difference, we know what sets us apart.

Well said, I always try to be polite to people when discussing anything to do with shooting or hunting. Every one of us is the face of hunting and a bad impression goes a long way because like it or not we are all thrown into the same pot when it comes to the non hunting public perception. Next time you have a buddy or someone you know thinking about doing the wrong thing remind them of that!