Well this is weird...Mathews Fam.

WakePraySlay

Well a few years ago I wanted to do a complete bow build. Find a nice Old used bow and deck it out. I was already set on a Mathews z7(2010 model). Just love the way they look and they shoot great. I replaced the cam and bought a brand new cam from clickers archery in England. First they sent me a cam for a completely different bow so they rush the new z7 cam over. Now I know the 2010 models ONLY take the “z7-..” stamped cams. And I know the 2011 models can take both the “z7-..” and “zx-..” stamped cams. I put this cam on when it got here and just looked at the stamp on the main wheel on the cam and not behind on the feed wheel. I recent put new limbs on this bow, 75lbers! Whenever I would draw back into the valley it would slap and make a noise. Tore the bow down thought the cam had bad bearings. Pressed them they’re good and then I notice the feed wheel on the cam has the zx on it.

it’s like they put a Z xtreme feed wheel on the 2010 z7 cam. I was wondering why the let off was so touchy. Check this out! Ughhh time to start all over!

Attachments

OP
WakePraySlay

WakePraySlay

Ouch! That's a pain in the ass, my friend
I enjoy working on bows so it wasn’t that bad and gave me a chance to order new goodies for the ole girl.

I actually bought a few things from clickers archery a week ago and the guy contacted me about not having a part in stock, turns out it was the same guy I went through a few years ago. He’s contacting Mathews to see what happened with the cam 🤷🏼‍♂️