Wenaha rifle big bull tag!

I'm excited. Drew it in the 25% pool.
To introduce myself-
I was a gear and backpacking junky.
I can tell stories for days.
But life got me. Since oldest daughter was 9 , I dropped my own hunting. I've lived for letting my kids fill my tags for 7 years.
Never since hunting for "myself" this coming from a guy that has a lot of hunting stories.
This hunt is the first hunt for "me" in 7 years.
Granted, if I can't find a bull I want to kill , I want my son to come the last week and mentor my tag. I've killed 320 bulls. I'll gladly watch him kill a 330 bull before I settle for less than 350.
I live for my kids hunting!
Along those 7 years I've got out of the loop I guess you'd say on keeping up with the best of the best.
I have everything for backpack hunting.
Down to the ounce.
That's all I did before my kids could hunt.
I appreciate all your info, this is just time to get caught up.
So thank you all for any input you can add

My wife had the tag 4 years ago, pm me if you have questions and I will help where I can.

ScottP

WKR
Congrats on a great draw. Having some friends and family to help you pack will be handy. Generally, you’re starting above the elk and dropping in to the canyon. Have you been over there before?

OP
C
Congrats on a great draw. Having some friends and family to help you pack will be handy. Generally, you’re starting above the elk and dropping in to the canyon. Have you been over there before?
I've floated the grand rhond a couple times
But that's it. Wasn't too go next weekend camping and learning

ttucci16

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on the tag. I'm very envious. I hunt the Wenaha for spike and it's my favorite hunt of the year. Brutally steep, weather is all over the place. Hunt the burns and you'll find some studs. If you need any info, PM me and i'll see if I can help. Ill be down there October 30-November 9th.

OP
C
Congrats on the tag. I'm very envious. I hunt the Wenaha for spike and it's my favorite hunt of the year. Brutally steep, weather is all over the place. Hunt the burns and you'll find some studs. If you need any info, PM me and i'll see if I can help. Ill be down there October 30-November 9th.
I will definitely send you a message

Burnt Reynolds

Lil-Rokslider
Just got back yesterday from 5 days camping there. Found two nice bulls and about 40 cows between them. Listened to them bugling from camp if you can believe that. I wouldn't worry too much about spending multiple nights living out of your pack unless you love that type of thing. There's a pretty good road system up high that provides great access for day hunts and there are a lot of car camping options. You'll be hunting downhill to get to the 350+ class bulls during the rifle hunt.

We saw bighorn's, mulies, elk and even a turkey.

nphunter

WKR
Scout now and go back to those same spots you find bulls. They will be going back to those same sanctuary areas come November.