Went in for Moose, came out with a Ram.

Tanner

WKR
That’s awesome and pretty funny stuff. Most sheep hunting folks would consider that one a “5 seconds in the spotter and call it a yes” type ram.

OP
z987k

z987k

WKR
That’s awesome and pretty funny stuff. Most sheep hunting folks would consider that one a “5 seconds in the spotter and call it a yes” type ram.
Ya that's what my friends that hunt sheep say. I sat there forever looking at it lol.
His friend behind him might have been legal to looking back on photos. 1 was for sure not.

I think the hard core sheep hunters would murder us if we had come out with 2 rams not even hunting sheep!

Honestly I think it's largely just time in the field. While we got this one relatively quick, I do spend more time per year in a tent than most of the guided sheep hunters spend in a lifetime.

You put yourself out there and eventually something will happen. Might just take 600 nights.
This was still 100% luck and nothing to do with my skill.

Last edited:

R Miller

Lil-Rokslider
What an absolute cranker of a ram, 16! Incredible. Congrats on what will most likely be the oldest ram you'll ever see, let alone shoot. Nice work!

My friend shot a 15 yo this fall. I usually shake my head when people say a ram "wouldn't make it through the winter" when they harvest a 10-11 year old. Sheep can be pretty resilient in the right environments.
Or they say this ram was done breeding. Old sheep flat out dominate during the rut. It will kill them later but they'll go until the tank is dry.

ColeyG

WKR
Dude. This is awesome. Huge congrats and I would be lying if I said I wasn't supremely jealous. What an awesome ram and great experience.

Baller

FNG
Man, bucket list list stuff right there. Thanks for sharing the adventure..!

ljalberta

WKR
Absolutely incredible ram! And what a gorgeous looking area! You’ll have to share some pictures once it’s finally mounted.

OXN939

WKR
You put yourself out there and eventually something will happen. Might just take 600 nights.

Remember an old guy telling me one time, "Success in the outdoors is mostly being in the right place at the right time, but you have to be ready with the skill set to capitalize on it." Congrats on an incredible animal, I think this is the sickest hunt story on the slide this year.