Went to Custom Case

My trad gear is now ready to travel anywhere in the world.
SKB iSeries Double Recurve Bow Case

customcaseschematic.JPG

CUSTOMCASE2.jpg
CUSTOMASE1.JPG
CUSTOMCASE.jpg

Reactions: GLB

Wrench

WKR
That's about what I'd expect from someone who can afford a blacktail.

I bust my toelke in half and stuff it in a $3.00 sleeve I made. I am always afraid of losing parts or tools when I take my 3 piece bows afield. You appear to have a solution to that....what is a guy gonna have to shell out? $400?

Beendare

WKR
Thats a nice case.

Seems to me...
One of the advantages to hunting and travelling with a recurve is you can break it down and pack in your luggage without it taking up much room.

plus its incognito... nobody knows its in there.

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
That's what I thought, the I stopped at the MGM Grand (post-hunt break on my way home) with my bows broke down and packed inside an ice chest with my gear. Security discovered my "weapons" and what a pain that was. Now I will just leave my case with em and I can fly with my gear knowing its locked and safe.

Last edited:
Heck of a case there.

I go simpler and incognito for flights to hunt. My 3 piece td is in a very snug zippered soft case which is inside my large duffel. Arrows in a compact arrow box in the same duffel. All my extra archery supplies are tucked into both cases. Never had any of it pulled in bag screening except after 9-11, and they were pulling out toothbrushes back then.

OP
Where's Bruce?
Heck of a case there.

I go simpler and incognito for flights to hunt. My 3 piece td is in a very snug zippered soft case which is inside my large duffel. Arrows in a compact arrow box in the same duffel. All my extra archery supplies are tucked into both cases. Never had any of it pulled in bag screening except after 9-11, and they were pulling out toothbrushes back then.

Travel outside the US much? Different story.

Only to Canada (BC, SK, YK, MB, NWT) for hunts. They got pretty picky around the 9-11 timeframe but my last trip to Manitoba was uneventful in terms of packing my archery gear as described. Mostly I'm flying to Alaska every year, but also multiples to Hawaii. No issues with my gear, but then I may just be lucky.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I think Kevin travels more out of the states for hunts than you, I, and a dozen others combined I'd say he's got his system pretty dialed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
Where's Bruce?
My experience with international travel has been different. Trying to avoid damage by TSA monkeys.