Wesco work boots

Considering these. I'm a longtime (20+ years) white's and nicks wearer but have a buddy that works on the railroad and swears by them. His are relatively new so he hasn't had to deal with CS yet or have them rebuilt. I have plenty of forester/shot/smokejumper boots but I'm considering the LTT job masters with no raised heel. Lately after standing or walking all day, my calves, quads and hams have ached... I'm fine on soil but if I have to spend anytime on concrete or asphalt I get sore. Not unbearably but enough to make me think the tall heel might be taking its toll at my age. Anything at this price is going to be good quality and fit isn't an issue with the fitting procedure... more or less looking for comments on if you've ever had any rebuilt, resoled or had to deal with their CS?

any insight appreciated.

boom

WKR
Considering these. I'm a longtime (20+ years) white's and nicks wearer but have a buddy that works on the railroad and swears by them. His are relatively new so he hasn't had to deal with CS yet or have them rebuilt. I have plenty of forester/shot/smokejumper boots but I'm considering the LTT job masters with no raised heel. Lately after standing or walking all day, my calves, quads and hams have ached... I'm fine on soil but if I have to spend anytime on concrete or asphalt I get sore. Not unbearably but enough to make me think the tall heel might be taking its toll at my age. Anything at this price is going to be good quality and fit isn't an issue with the fitting procedure... more or less looking for comments on if you've ever had any rebuilt, resoled or had to deal with their CS?

any insight appreciated.

not me. but my friend only wears Wesco boots. i think he sends in a trace of his feet. (?)..too rich for me. he loves the service, and get them resoled once that i know of.

i cant wear a logger heel either.

OP
B
yea I used to swear by the heel but in the last 3 years or so I've noticed my legs aren't as appreciative as I use to be with it. I still swear by it in adverse terrain and in the woods but lately more and more work has been taking place on flat or hard surface and I'd like a little more forgiving sole.

boom

WKR
i had one pair of logger heel boots. it was nice to be "taller"..but as i understand it, those heels were made to hook onto tree climbing equipment???

i dumbed it down now and keep buying and rebuying Danner Quarrys.

Never had wescos. I wear whites smokejumpers. As Well as most other guys in my shed. If you are worried about a resole.....whites will do it. I go with whites because they are local.....nothing else.

IChaseCoues

Lil-Rokslider
I've worn Wescos for over 20 years. Absolutely love them! The pair I wear most I got about 10 years out of before being rebuilt and now have 4 years on the rebuild. I don't wear them as often as I used to due to my job being in a vehicle most of the time but I'll still wear them a week straight on a fire and my feet feel great. The first pair I bought were custom fit with high tops and steel toes, they are still in the closet and get used occasionally but are a little small on me now and have some cracks in them so they only come out when working weanlings in close quarters and I need the protection for my legs and toes.
I like them enough that my agency is issuing me a pair of Whites and I think they are getting traded out for a pair of Wescos!

If they fit your foot you cant go wrong with Wesco.

choovhntr

WKR
Haveboth wesco and whites. Very similar in quality (very good). My wesco boots have a little bigger toes box and a little softer leather. The toe box on mine is also not quite as tall as the whites. Still breaking in the whites (take forever) so hard to compare as of yet with comfort. For that style of boot you can't go wrong with either when it comes to build quality.

HawkCreek

Lil-Rokslider
I've not tried Wesco but Nicks will built boots with any number of different heels if you want. I have custom built Whites as well as Nicks and I dont intend to ever spend money on Whites again, they just aren't the boot they used to be. Just another option if Nicks already has your foot pattern for custom work.

I won't buy whites again either. The toe box just isn't big enough. Mine are customs and still squish my toes. I have $565 In my boots and it just pisses me off every time I put them on. I have rebuilt some and has a larger toe put in....still sucks.

OP
B
^^^^X's 2....

I have 3 pairs of smoke jumpers (1 standard and 2 LTT) right now, one from the late 90's, one from mid 2000's and the last pair I got would have been 2010ish... I've had one fully rebuilt and a couple re-soles. The company and customer service has been great, the build seems to be just as good but the quality of products being used seems to have trended downhill....You can see a significant decline in the quality of leather they've used. I heard sometime in the mid-2000's they went through a company "restructure" and that's when they started going downhill, sounds like now LaCrosse may have bought them out which (in my experience) will only further cause the company to slide.

The one pair of Nicks I own has been good.

Last edited:

boom

WKR
i just talked to a bunch of linemen..they were all wearing protected toe Meindl work boots. super bad ass looking. they look like the hunting boot. i never knew they existed.

OP
B
Yea I saw those on Hoffman's website.... must be relatively new. They've been making a chainsaw boot for a couple years now (red and gray) with good results but I did notice a bunch of new work boots that look like their hunting line