West Texas Aoudad

Nice Ram! We're headed there in January with the same guide, although we're doing 'semi-guided'...whatever that means. Any other tips or suggestions? I believe we're going to Indio Ranch.

1Akhunter

FNG
Nice rams and great looking country! Congrats
I hunted aoudads in W. Texas and later had to go back for axis. Both great trips.

Were those free range or high fence ?

I saw an ad ox ranch.. 18,000 acres, high fence with a trophy fee.
I'd rather do free range over a feeder.

I am going Next Month with Mike McKinney. We are hunting the Devils river ranch. I let you know how we do. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
I hunted that ranch years ago. Tons of aoudad. You should have a good trip.

Were those free range or high fence ?

I saw an ad ox ranch.. 18,000 acres, high fence with a trophy fee.
I'd rather do free range over a feeder.
ox ranch is a joke. beautiful ranch from the looks of it. Too bad they stock everything for their "hunters" to shoot.

kscowboy01

Lil-Rokslider
ox ranch is a joke. beautiful ranch from the looks of it. Too bad they stock everything for their "hunters" to shoot.

When you are shooting fenced cattle, it's definitely a joke. Granted, they have some cool species on the ranch but I could never shoot anything in that environment. Being a sheep hunter, I wouldn't even shoot a free-range Aoudad at a feeder.

Whisky

WKR
I've been invited on a guided hunt at one of Mike's ranches. Believe it's Devils River #3 ranch. This was sprung on me pretty quick. Never done a guided hunt. I need to call Mike and get some more info, but what can you guys tell me about this type of hunt? Does it feel like you're hunting, or being led to a herd of animals and simply pulling a trigger?

Give Mike McKinney a call- 915-328-0645. We have done his DIY hunts every year and have been to several different ranches. He’s a good guy and will take care of you. Most of the ranches have pretty low populations of sheep but for the price you can’t beat it. We leave with 30” plus rams every year

Cody_W

WKR
I’m excited to get to hunt a herd of free range low fence Aoudad that have never seen a feeder on a thousand acre ranch less than a mile and a half from my property free of charge as the guy is selling the property. Only one has been killed off the property out of a herd of almost forty. They just wandered on there one day and never left! The one ram shot so far measured 143”. Its funny the things you stumble across sometimes.