West Va archery.

Shupe88

WKR
Anyone have any experience hunting public land in southern WV? Not asking for spots or tips just curious if it’s worth trying? I know there is about 4 counties that are archery only. There has to be some nice bucks around. I’m only around 2 hours from there in Va so I might take a day trip up and look around. Is there any decent access to the public land?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scfreeman66

Lil-Rokslider
I've been riding down there several times on the Hatfield/McCoy trail system around the town of Logan and Man. I've seen several nice deer. Most weren't concerned with us riding by them. I am not sure of the hunting land opportunities. Chatting with some locals, they hunted more bear than deer down there. They said most of the locals went elsewhere because of the quad traffic/ archery only.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
If your interested PM me, I will direct you to some good public land where the ATV's wont bother you, I grew up in Mcdowell county and will be bowhunting private land there this year myself (mom and dad's lol) there are nice bucks there due to bow only regs, they get some age on em

djewell87

FNG
If your interested PM me, I will direct you to some good public land where the ATV's wont bother you, I grew up in Mcdowell county and will be bowhunting private land there this year myself (mom and dad's lol) there are nice bucks there due to bow only regs, they get some age on em
Would you mind sending me a pm with any advice you might have on that area. I'm heading up there next week.

AlleghenyMountain

Lil-Rokslider
No personal experience, but the pictures I see every year indicate it's definitely worth trying.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk