Western CO archery partner

I'm new to archery and hoping to meet some folks from around Western CO and potentially go hunt in September. I'm 32 and starting to train pretty hard as I'm fairly out of shape at this point (new dad syndrome).

I put in for unit 70 elk and unit 41/42/421 deer. Regardless of whether I get a tag I will go out with my cousin a handful of the days I'm down in Telluride - and would be out solo on (week)days when he works.

Towards the end of the month I plan to grab an OTC elk tag, and hopefully I get the deer tag up on the Grand Mesa in units 41/42/421. If I don't get that deer tag I would happily go just about anywhere within 3 hours to hunt OTC elk.

DLP

FNG
I may be hunting unit 62 otc this year during archery. Usually go solo or with my uncle when he can make it. Normally I hunt 71 but I did t draw the tag this year. 62 is going to be an all new area too me. Got a gamelan somewhat made up for a couple areas there just from looking at tipis and ariels. I’m 35. Working on getting back into decent shape. Should be good by the time season gets here. I usually cut down to about 205-215 by elk season. That is a good weight for my frame. Covered 150 miles on foot last year solo in 71 in a couple of weeks.

DLP

FNG
I will most likely have a camp set up somewhere in the area. 14x16 wall tent and day hunt from there.

OP
ramsdude47
I have pivoted to early September Bear hunting on the Grand Mesa. I got a rifle tag, but would not be opposed to swapping it for an archery tag. I could potentially help a Rokslider in need with packing an elk out (would want dibs on the carcass for a bear).

At the end of the month I will be in Telluride hunting unit 70 for elk/bear.