Western KS solo public land archery deer hunt

Any interest in following along this week? I’ve really been lusting after a good public land buck for a long time. Have hit it a few times already this year and had some good opportunities. I have the week off work and our archery season runs through the end of the year, so I’m going to try to give it all I got.

OP
Dos Perros
Hunted new stuff with a buddy yesterday and we found a buck worth spending some time on.

20a56c862820a208ecff5d8f8fcdd9d6.jpg

Sitting in my pickup waiting for light. Think he’ll be in the crop fields before moving to bed.

OP
Dos Perros
4dee6e510614b20eeb83f53df8c4533c.jpg

Morning glassing spot. They were spraying the wheat stubble immediately to the north so this morning is a bust for these deer at least.

OP
Dos Perros
This is about the only time of the year I listen to the radio.

1) Every western Kansas small business is thankful for your patronage and looking forward to a New Year.

2) Country music these days is so bad and good at the same time. I’m embarrassed to catch myself singing along or tapping my foot to the beat.

OP
Dos Perros
Went back to stalk those two little dudes but they’re either gone or heads are down and I can’t see them. Drawing board.

Looks like the weather is about to get interesting, snowflakes and low clouds moved in.