Western KS solo public land archery deer hunt

OP
Dos Perros
I’m also good at stalking but I always am tempted to rush or force things at the moment of truth. I get this feeling I have worked too hard to let an opportunity slip away and sometimes take too much action or the wrong action instead of letting things develop or a new/better opportunity to materialize. I just need to be a better finisher. Some of that is learned and some instinctive. Those final moments tho when my heart is about to jump out of my chest—nothing like it.

Fatcamp

WKR
I’m also good at stalking but I always am tempted to rush or force things at the moment of truth. I get this feeling I have worked too hard to let an opportunity slip away and sometimes take too much action or the wrong action instead of letting things develop or a new/better opportunity to materialize. I just need to be a better finisher. Some of that is learned and some instinctive. Those final moments tho when my heart is about to jump out of my chest—nothing like it.

Ya. I think some of it is just experience. Couldn't agree more on finishing. Need to have a better idea of where I'm heading when I go.

One of my big problems is getting too close. Last season I kept pushing my stalks past my effective range and blowing out deer. Could easily have stopped at 40 yards and waited.

My other issue is being patient with glassing. I really need to stay put, but I'm a compulsive walker.