Western Legal - Knight Ultra Lite

It is going to happen... finally! I have been waiting for several weeks for Knight to make a modification to the Ultra-Lite that I ordered. I really wanted this light weight gun for hunting here in the west. And because of our ML rules I have to use open sights and cap ignition during the ML portion of the hunting season.

During the regular rifle season I can convert it back to a modern inline rifle with a scope and 209 ignition. While it will never replace the velocity, range, and energy that my Tikka Lite 300 Win Mag has, it's weight and looks are very comparable.

Knight has heavily contoured the barrel to rival the contour of a centerfire barrel and taken the heavy composite or laminate stock off and offered a realy strong Kevlar stock with aluminum internal bedding. Dropping the weight of the rifle to near 6#'s.

WesternLegal.jpg

I would really like to share more but I have to wiat for the dang mail system to get the rifle here - but more will come later...

Another thought that comes to mind also is that with the developemnt of the Western Ultra-Lite it will also be possible to make the regular Mountaineer into a Western Legal rifle...

I know this whole thing is not all that important to the majority of ML hunters and shooters out the - but for us in the Pac Northwest - Great.

I know it is expensive in a lot of peoples minds, but for me it is well worth the investment. It is a lifetime, versitile, do everything gun. And really less expensive tha most of my centerfire rifles.

Yep!!! I am excited...:eek:

OP
sabotloader
Just posted this up on another forum so I thought I wuld bring it over here might offer a bit more information about the gun...

Dutch said:
Sabotloader I don't see it on their website so I will ask here. Does it take no.11 caps or 209 primers? The caps would make it a T7 shooting machine.

Also I would assume you could by the bolt and breech plug to convert the existing UtraLite. Do you know if they plan on offering the conversion?

The Ultra-Lite is a 209 based rifle as is the regular Mountaineer, but factory ready it does not have sights installed. When I first ordered the gun I asked if sights could be put on and if it would be Western Legal... That is what I get for asking a delaying question... The rifle I should have had a month ago is still in Tennessee - but shipped yesterday I think - I hope.

Because of my request and several other people the rifle can now be requested from Knight with open sights and a Western Version. It is also my asumption if the parts are available for the Ultra-Lite they could also be use in a regular Mountaineer making it Western Legal also...

I just posted this up on Hunting net so I will drag it here also...

Sabotloader I don't see it on their website so I will ask here. Does it take no.11 caps or 209 primers? The caps would make it a T7 shooting machine.

Also I would assume you could by the bolt and breech plug to convert the existing UtraLite.

Mine started as a special request, but then there has been enough folks asking about it - Knight has made the move to make the option available. At this time the option is not available from the online dealers so you do have to go through Knight. And it will probably take a phone call to them.

It will handle either #11 or Musket caps. This is a picture of the some plugs. The NFPJ Mountaineer plug on the left and a couple of Western Plugs on the right

IMG_2153.jpg

This picture shows the installation in my regular Mountaineer with a Western Bolt (same Western bolt as the Extreme) bolt is forward but not rotated closed.

IMG_2172.jpg

That is a sweet looking weapon. The peep site option you have, I'll gather really helps you dial it in too. I've been looking at your other posts on here and you have some good information, and I've enjoyed reading them all. Just wanted to say thank you for the posts sabotloader.