WTB Western Mountaineering - Kodiak MF 6' RZ

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Ended up putting an order in through Mountain Tools in California, I can highly reccomend them after chatting to get a WM Bag

==

Hi everyone, the supply chain is terrible and I can't find a store stocking this item after searching and calling for a few days. I've reached out to WM and they gave me a list of everyone who received this exact bag but everyone is now sold out.

I need a right zip due to a permanent rib injury and I need the 6' bag as the 6'6" makes an already spacious bag too spacious to warm up. I honestly can't make it work any other way, unfortunately.

Does anyone have a Western Mountaineering Kodiak MF in 6'0" Right Zip they'd be willing to let go? I'll definitely pay for it, I'm not looking for a deal.

Let me know everyone, thank you for reading!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Been looking for 2 WM bags myself for me and my wife for Alaska in September. It’s been horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
May want to take a look at a Feathered Friends Ibis. They have a 6ft in blue in stock, that'll be their closest bag to a Kodiak. It'll be a left zip though. If you're right handed a left zip is easier to operate, but that's personal preference. Only way you're going to get a Kodiak now is by ordering one and getting on the backorder list. Shops are filling backorders first before putting anything in inventory.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
StopMakingSense
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I've been able to dig up two 6'0" Kodiak MF bags in a left zip but nothing in a right zip. If you want the shops just PM me.

Right zip is what I need, I have my bag open a lot when I'm weathered in and I'm a right-sided sleeper and reader when the bag is open. If it's too cold I'm in a puffy and sleeping fully closed with my head up so in those instances, the zip has never mattered.

But if the bag is open, my back needs to have the other side closed with an opening on my natural sleeping side.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Had a long wait time on my new Antelope and can say it was worth the wait talk about loft

Which one did you get? Im considering the gws to take to Alaska. Gonna get my wife the Apache since she’s a warm sleeper compared to me. Lol

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I went with this one as weight was a big factor for what is provided had a ff snowbunting as close second

Attachments

• 81CAD069-1B94-4C09-AC4D-301A541AD407.png
    81CAD069-1B94-4C09-AC4D-301A541AD407.png
    533.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 1E510839-CE8F-4D72-B092-B32417225F1B.png
    1E510839-CE8F-4D72-B092-B32417225F1B.png
    457.1 KB · Views: 39
OP
StopMakingSense
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks, but I need the 6'... a little too much extra room for an already spacious bag.

Give these guys a call. They are in cali and are probably still open. They had one bag I needed in stock and another ordered and on the way which they will send as soon as it’s in stock. Prices on par with everyone else and they are a mom and pop operation and we’re very very pleasant to talk to. They have the Kodiak GWS on the site but not sure what all options or what’s in stock. Also, consider the WM hotsac if you don’t have a emergency thermal blanket. It’s 4.5 ounces and can be used inside the bag adding 10-15 degrees of warmth if the temps completely drop on you. It’s $100 but that’s cheap when putting a price on surviving the night in freezing weather stranded from camp.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok thanks for the heads up, I’ll start with them tomorrow on the California list.

They are located right down the road from western mountaineering from the convo I had today with them. Really nice couple that runs the business. I had to call several times though. Their phone seems to stay pretty busy so you may have to call a few times.

jblam

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a 6’ right hand sequoia last month, was told 45 days, got it in 5. I think you might be surprised if you commit to an order. I’d be happy to ask the shop I ordered through if you’d like.

OP
StopMakingSense
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Talked to Larry this morning, an extremely knowledgeable guy who uses the gear he sells. I put an order in, he said the May to June timeline for me which is great.

He also talked to me about the HotSac VBL, giving it serious consideration now as a great multi-use item.

I'd highly recommend calling these folks for WM Sleeping Bags

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Several Rokslide sponsors could have gotten you one in that same time frame.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk