Western North Carolina

Plenty of national forest land to hunt as well.

Sandy mush is a heavily managed game lands it is also heavily hunted. But deer can still be found on it.

I work in asheville now and a buddy lives right out side of Hendersonville but he don't have the gumption to go into green river.

Digging up this old thread and giving it a bump. @ZT3006 did you end up with any luck in the 2019-2020 season? @trickytross @timekiller13 thank you both for sharing some great info. Have either of you had any more luck in recent years?

On May 1 2023 I'm moving to Hendersonville NC from Denver CO. In the meantime I'm doing as much prep work and online scouting as I can. There is a lot to learn about the area and the game lands. The general tone I get from this thread is that the hunting is hit or miss.
I have found a few more areas that are looking pretty promising. Got to go and mentor on an AFI hunt in Nantahala this year and was blown away by the amount of hog sign. On the deer side- I have seen a trend up in population but not insanely. Had boots on the ground a good bit before a medical setback. They are out there just gotta go. Send me a PM, when you come we may be hosting a scouting ordeal at our shop.