Western PA going West in search of Riding/Hunting Partner

I'm searching through other similar posts to find someone else looking for a driving/hunting partner this year. Figured I'd also create my own post just to increase my odds. My hunting buddies keep having babies and

I'm traveling from Pittsburgh area west for a DIY elk hunt. Haven't solidified where or with what weapon yet. I'm open to suggestions and have been doing a lot of research already. It's hard to decide without knowing if I'm flying solo or might score a partner/group because of pack out considerations, driving considerations, etc. Right now my thoughts are ID or CO or UT over-the-counter. Even have a few units picked out in each. Again, totally willing to be flexible even if someone had a different hunt in mind. High-country mule deer, for example...

I'm willing to drive reasonably far "out of the way" to meet up with a driving partner just because I find so many advantages to driving over flying, and driving by myself seems difficult to say the least. I have 7 business days to commit to this so if you span 2 weekends thats ~11 days including travel. I might could squeak out another day in there to make it 12 days.

As far as hunting experience goes, I've been to Montana, Idaho, and Montana again over the last three years respectively, on elk/ mule deer / elk rifle hunts respectively with success. I hunt just about everything possible here in PA, but dedicate most of my time to whitetail and turkey. My western hunts have been backpack hunts except the first where we stayed in a cabin. The idaho trip consisted of hiking 7 miles into the Frank Church with 2 friends. I can call "fairly well" I think for being new, but have never called in the field so just speculation. (Turkey calling with a read gave me a big head start I think.)

Hit me up if you wanna chat and we can have a fuller conversation. Even if someone didn't want to commit to actually hunting together, sharing a ride would be a big help.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It's kind of funny, I read the title as you were heading West and looking for a riding or hunting partner..........as in horse riding. I was thinking......."come on out, I'm always up for some riding".

OP
stafford8788
It's kind of funny, I read the title as you were heading West and looking for a riding or hunting partner..........as in horse riding. I was thinking......."come on out, I'm always up for some riding".

Ha! Ya perhaps I should clarify the title. But hey, if you're looking to hunt whether on horseback or not and desire a buddy...I'm pretty good company!

JigStick

WKR
You still looking for a partner. I’m from the western suburbs of Pittsburgh and wouldn’t mind talking with ya.