Western pant help

Jdhunttrapfish

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a pant for my first western trip next year going to be doing early season whitetail hunt and tagging along with a buddy who has an elk tag, I am looking at the firstlite obsidian pants and the corrugate guide pants, it seems to me there is mixed reviews about everywhere on the durability of these pants, some say they last forever and others have them tear after one hunt, just looking for input from guys who have had them and what you think of them, open to other suggestions for pants if you have them, thanks in advance

Lowg08

WKR
I have not been out west but I do maountain hunt. I have the kanab 2.0 and the obsidian. I do not own the corrugate. I love my obsidian pants they last well. I have ripped the crotch out of the kanabs and not the obsidian. I would not hesitate with the obsidian. Might I suggest the kuiu attack pants also. Very durable and the hip vents are great and very durable. You might try the pro pant. I have been eyeing those but have not pulled the trigger

Kgentry

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been wearing the same two pairs of the guide pants on every hunt, scouting and shed hunt for the last 3 years and have nothing but great things to say. No rips or tears. I read that they were noisy but after a few trips through the washer and they are fine.

I have the corrugate guides and have used them over the past 1.5 years. They are quite durable in my opinion. Climbed through manzanita and a ton of 5’ sage with them without a tear. I switch between them and the Kuhl renegades depending on what I am doing.

Napperm4

WKR
The corrugate guides have stood up really well for me. Definitely durable after 3 seasons. I wasn’t a fan of the fit and cut.

I got the Kuiu kutana pants. I now have 6 of the Kuiu kutana pants for daily wear as well as hunting.

I caught one pair crossing barbed wire this past deer season. They punctured but haven’t torn even after washing. Great mix of light/durable/breathable/versatile.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I use the kuiu attacks for most everything. My only problem with the first lite pants is the sizing doesn’t work for me, the xl is baggy and the l is sort of tight. I’d give the Sitka mountain pant a good look as well.

Mudd Foot

WKR
Another vote for Kuiu Attacks. The fabric holds its shape after days of constant wear. No sagging or stretching compared to pant made of nylon with elastane which absorb water/sweat, then sag. Very comfortable fabric and well thought out features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pbcarch

WKR
I dont have any experience with those but really like my Sitka timberlines (out west) the padded knees and water proof but are awesome.

For my regular east hunting i have been using the Sitka Mountain pants and again great results

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jimss

WKR
I've slowly but surely been switching from Sitka to Kuiu. I have long, skinny legs and Sitkas tend to sag in the crotch area. I've used and abused my Sitkas for years and they have held up to extreme abuse and dry fast!

If you want a pant that breathes incredibly well I would highly recommend Kuiu Teburons. They are so light that you hardly notice you have them on. They also have well thought out pockets and vents. I've had good luck later in the fall using Kuiu guides. With either pair it's possible to layer with base layer bottoms or rain pants and you are set for most conditions.

hcaudle

Lil-Rokslider
If I could only have 1 pair, it would be the Sitka Timberlines. I've worn them from early September archery (without baselayer) to third season rifle elk (with thin baselayer).

LJ Buck

WKR
The FL Obsidian pant is a merino pant so you get all the benefits of merino no smell, retains heat value when wet and is warm when cold but breaths incredibly when hot and is deadly silent. You can hunt in them when its 80deg in Sept or 30deg in Nov. Its my favorite pant for everyday wear as well incredibly comfortable. But don't forget it is Merino so it isn't as durable as other pants, it has always confused me when someone buys a pair of Merino pants and then bitches about how they snag or get a rip faster then a pair of timberline pants which is the most bombproof pant on the market.

The guide pant is also awesome and is more durable but doesn't breath as well and not a silent.

If your doing a Whitetail hunt and an elk hunt then the Timberlines don't make much since to me. I live in the west and bow hunt a fair amount and the obsidian is a great pant for that as well as it is probably the best out of all of them for tree stand hunting especially when you layer under it.

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I would recommend the Sitka mountain pants and for a plant that is half the cost Kuhl makes some well made very comfortable pants but have not tested them for long term durability but I believe many hikers have so you can buy two pair for the price of one Sitka or first lite.

Check out the Pnuma Tenacity pants. Quiet, very comfortable, tons of features...reinforced knees, removable knee pads, the waist expands when adding layers, adjustable cuffs, tough as nails & guaranteed for life. I'm a big fan of them

TheCougar

WKR
There are so many synthetic pants out there to wear. Walmart has wranglers which are great, Eddie Bauer guide pro, Duluth Flexpedition, Prana Zions, OR Ferrosi, Kuhl, and the list goes on. Generally you can find these pants for 50% of the cost of the hunting brands. Some are equal quality, some aren’t. I’m a fan of the Zions for synthetic and the Obsidian for archery hunting.

wildbill

Lil-Rokslider
I have both guide and attack as well as prana and imho if you can find color to your liking try a pair of wrangler performance pants great stretch dries fast extremely durable and roughly $21 bucks.In two years of using them for work pants still on the same six pair.

carmanusa

FNG
I’ve run the pranas for couple seasons and really like them found them in my size for about $30 a pair. On a whim picked up some of the stretch outdoor pants think called weather guard vintage in grey and brown from Costco this year for local hunting and even hiked in nw Colorado this summer with no issues...$18/pair.