Western Rifle Pronghorn hunt

Im in interested in setting up a early season DIY rifle hunt for pronghorn. I live on east coast (Maryland) and will be driving out. I am looking for something where we can hike in and camp. I have been looking at wyoming but concerned about getting license with zero points. Also dont know the area and concerned about over crowding. Not looking for trophy hunt, just a fun get away with possibility of taking a buck. Any suggestions on areas and places to enter land. Thank you in advance.

Baxter05

FNG
Im in interested in setting up a early season DIY rifle hunt for pronghorn. I live on east coast (Maryland) and will be driving out. I am looking for something where we can hike in and camp. I have been looking at wyoming but concerned about getting license with zero points. Also dont know the area and concerned about over crowding. Not looking for trophy hunt, just a fun get away with possibility of taking a buck. Any suggestions on areas and places to enter land. Thank you in

EdP

WKR
Start with the Wy Game and Fish site and do some homework. I suggest you review the draw odds from last year to identify any area that you have a chance of drawing with zero points as a non-res. Then look at public access opportunities in whatever hunt areas you might draw. Make a selection and apply. The application period closes May 31. If you don't get drawn then buy a preference point when the pp purchase period opens on July 1st.

I wouldn't bother with hiking in to hunt, especially if you don't have many points. Your best best is a fragmented unit and the most effective way to hunt it will probably be driving from public area to public area. I've gone twice and killed a buck n doe each time on a 1 point hunt. First time I drove 1,000 miles each way...was there two days and drove 500 miles walked 9 scouting/traveling/hunting. Pronghorn are where you find them, sometimes you'll drive to a spot the herd is on private you either wait or go find another herd.
These videos are from the last time I went. I killed the doe 30 minutes from where I intended on hunting. They're pretty fun, most underrated big game animal imo.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WCB

WKR
Zero reason to hike in and camp....unless you just want to. Also, buy points buy points, buy points. Probably absolutely the worst time to try to start goat hunting WY in any unit with low points as an option. Huge die off and tag reduction this year.