Western WA Late Archery opens Wedneday and I have COVID-19

Logan80

Lil-Rokslider
I caught COVID from my boss about a week and a half ago, been sick since last Sunday. It's really not as bad in my case as I'd feared, just a lot of REALLY bad body aches and a fever that hovered around 102 for a few days. Lots of fatigue and sleepiness.

It's finally going away now. The last few days I've felt pretty good. My "10 days since symptoms started" date is Wednesday, which is our late archery opener for Elk here in Western WA. I've been off of work all of last week, and will be all of this week (although technically could go back Thursday, but we have a 4-day Thanksgiving weekend).

Pretty sure I'm going to load up my camper and all my gear and hit the road tomorrow evening or Wednesday morning so I can have another shot at getting my first elk.

I have a Tactacam Reveal right where I want to hang out/hunt this late season and I'm pretty sure this elk is just asking for it....This pic is less than 10 minutes old.

eed185be-44d5-48ca-8288-e51d01d3405d.jpg

Go get em! If I felt ok, I'd go for sure.

But, I don't want to be that guy, but I will be...be careful and make sure you have a way of getting out, or getting help if things come back. (Again, I'll be "that guy") I had a couple of the guys who work for me get COVID a few months ago. Most had zero symptoms and wouldn't have known they were sick unless they were tested. But, one guy still isn't right 3 months later and has relapsed several times, extreme fatigue and weight loss still. Another guy had two minor strokes and took 6 weeks to be ok and he is only 38. And one guy passed it to his elderly father who died (not sure really COVID or what). So, even if you feel good, have some way to get out or get help if it kicks back in. That's all, I'm done being the guy on the internet with all of the wonderful advice :)